Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Enkei RPF1's 18X8.5 - 30ET or 40 ET?

20K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  BENEFITS 
#1 ·
As the title states, should I go with 30 or 40 ET for the 18X8.5's?

So far, I like two sets of rims...alot!

These and the Privat Akzent. Just trying to narrow things down...

There are alot of other types that I like too, just that alot of others like 'em too.

I kinda like the almost classic sport-racer look these provide although to really make 'em stand out, I might have to go 17X8 or 8.5 - meatier tire to complement the wheels.

N E way, getting off topic here...so for any 8.5 wheel, wouls a 30 or 40 ET be best?

How about a 17 or 18X9? 30 or 40 ET?

Thank you!

#3 ·
Yes, it is purrrfect!

Unfortunately it is right in between the only two offsets offered with the 18X8.5 RPF1's. :-(

#4 ·
I want gold RPF1's so bad

#6 · (Edited)
i don't mind a little poke now and then...:crazy:

Seriously, a little poke with the right wheels, right tires, right height, can be a nice sight.

ET35 looks great! night have to go withh XXR 521 or XXR 531's instead...someone arlready has the privat AKzent i wanted and they're $$$$ to get here, as are the RPF1's.

I can get the 531s for $177/wheel or the 521s for $179/wheel in 18X8.5. I amliking the ET35 though...

#18 ·
You don't have one either? LOL isn't that crazy. I think I am obsessed though. I am on here WAY too much. I have a plan. If I just got the money, I'd order everything I want TODAY. and by a month I'd have a VOM worthy vt LOL naw I kid. But I know everything I want to do.

Because of threads like this, I know what size rims I want. that is one thing that I stressed out because of the rears not being able to camber in. So you have to get the correct size so you have no issues. I want the maximum lip with out issues. I think 18x9 +36 will give me a 3" lip on Avant Garde F210 with out having too much issues.

#19 ·
lol not yet... I'm still in the process of parting out my FX35 and haggling with the dealer for a trade-in value. You don't think a 18x9 +36 is too aggressive? Considering the white one pictured in this trhread is a 8.5 +35, and he has about 2mm of poke... you'd have another half inch of poke. And if you can't adjust camber.... unless you're planning on getting coils?

#20 · (Edited)
this is what I cam up with.

Turbosocks had 18x8.75 +33 for a while in the rear with 235/40R18
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Alloy wheel

looks good to me.

Talked to someone at GetYourWheels.com about some Avant Garde F210 in the same size. The guy said they can't do .75 or .25 because they only do rim width in increments of .5. But he said 18X8.75 +33 is almost same dimension as 18X9 +36

So I looked it up...
Green Poster Tree Font Graphic design

Looks good to me.

Turbosocks said had he had 225 rather than 235 he wouldn't have rubbed. Which he did with his fat tire. That is why I decided to go with 225/35.

Now he rolls with the same setup he had in the rear on the front.
http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...2-new-wheels-4-new-tires-way-5.html#post50627

And even that front with the 235/40 it still looks good.

ALSO, this guy said he ran 18x9 + 45 all around and this is what he had to say
Im running 18x9 + 45 all around, front could not take any less offset on 9inchers Im sure; the rear could because there is more camber. witch is why Variable's staggered wheels look so damn good

I think on 8.5s +40 would be the perfect fitment
SO I know that 18X9 +36 will work front AND back. no issue with the wheels or tires hitting the suspension.

#21 ·
Man o man...:question:

So, I've gotten an offer on used 18X9 Rota Grids in white (to go with my Sprint Gray = Bugs) for $500 CAD.

With the wheels I am selling (2010 Dodge Journey 19" + tires and TMPS's) I might just be able to get $500 CAD so it'll basically be a straight trade for me...

Then I can save $$ for other upgrades..Problem is that the offset is ET38 and by what I am seeing in the previous post these won't fit without spacers?

I am planning on selling my OEM wheels to get some winters on 17's...

Any advise?

#26 ·
I need photos of a VT with RPF1's puhhleeeaaasseeeee

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.