Veloster Turbo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
need to see if my current tune will be fixed correctly. all i have to do is send my ECU off. i like my car, but it drives very bad. if my tune doesn't come back better, i guess i'm out of $500 and have to start over again. i'm not bashing, just saying all that money spent going to get it tuned and not running like it should is a little frustrating. glad there is a backup plan with eurocharged.
soooo... who tuned it?

· Registered
895 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum and becoming a vendor - very exciting!!

Ok, for some clarification we can tune the 2015 with out any issue as mine is the 2015. I misunderstood and thought that we were talking about putting the 2015 maps on an earlier ecu model. Sorry for the confusion everybody.

Actually, I think other vendors have added 15 maps to 13's since the 13's are more prone to LSPI issues for a number of reasons (one being ECU mappings).

From X's LSPI thread:

10. (Optional but highly recommended) Get the latest Tork tune with updated 2015 mappings

Other tunes have added 15' mappings plus a "stage" the customer selects. Are your tunes based on stages like that too? In addition to being more prone to LSPI, the 13's definitely have weaker internals than 15's - too much power can stress the rods. Key word being 'can' ;)

Another consideration about raising boost that high - is there potential to damage the stock bpv/bov? Would an aftermarket BOV be required for that?

How other vendors have done the 15 mapping to 13s I am not sure, it may be a matter of comparing two stock ecus for differences

I will definitely be following your forum section and related posts :)

Once again, welcome!

· Registered
895 Posts
Reactions: da_surge

· Registered
895 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Our tune does not come in stages as each one is written for the specific mods that you have we can modify some things like idle speed, rev limiter, ect. as you would like.

What we recommend is that if you would like your 2013 to have the 2015 is have your dealer do the ecu update then send it in for us to tune it.

I have beat close to 2000 miles on my car tuned at 22psi and have had zero issues with the factory bov or anything else for that matter.

· Registered
895 Posts
Our tune does not come in stages as each one is written for the specific mods that you have we can modify some things like idle speed, rev limiter, ect. as you would like.

What we recommend is that if you would like your 2013 to have the 2015 is have your dealer do the ecu update then send it in for us to tune it.

I have beat close to 2000 miles on my car tuned at 22psi and have had zero issues with the factory bov or anything else for that matter.
Awesome, thanks! I specifically like that you offer free retunes for further mods. Is this an introductory bonus or will you always offer this?

· Registered
895 Posts
Yes and no... I wouldn't run a 1.5 tune on a 2013 unless internals were upgraded.... if I had an FMIC in April when I got tuned I would of went for a 1.5...
:D yup, no 1.5 for me. Thomas has yielded some strong numbers. I am curious to see what 845 comes out with. My preference is to use someone local but the fact that Thomas offers free retunes is great. Will be a tough choice when my budget opens up for a tune

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Awesome, thanks! I specifically like that you offer free retunes for further mods. Is this an introductory bonus or will you always offer this?
That has been something we have always offered to all of our customers and will continue offer. (A couple tunes obviously have to be custom because of mods but if they already have our tune we only charge them for the dyno time)

· Registered
919 Posts
Eurocharged,

I have a US VT in the UK... any chance you guys could talk with the Eurocharged UK location and get me the hookup over here? My VT is a daily driver and I cant be out the time for international shipping on my ECU. Just wondering lol. Thanks!

**edit**

Holy F**k. I just realized Eurocharged UK is literally 15 minutes from my house. Ummmm.... This needs to happen. Like now.

**edit 2**
21 hours later.... I'm still stoked about this. Please answer my question with good news lol.

· Registered
213 Posts
I think what everyone wants to know is have
you guys cracked the entire ECU? Every line of code?
Or is this a piggy back tune?
There are only 4 who we know of and 3 have been well documented here.
Tork,Murdered Out VT,845 and Pross/Lap3 in Korea

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Eurocharged,

I have a US VT in the UK... any chance you guys could talk with the Eurocharged UK location and get me the hookup over here? My VT is a daily driver and I cant be out the time for international shipping on my ECU. Just wondering lol. Thanks!

**edit**

Holy F**k. I just realized Eurocharged UK is literally 15 minutes from my house. Ummmm.... This needs to happen. Like now.

**edit 2**
21 hours later.... I'm still stoked about this. Please answer my question with good news lol.
I am trying my best to figure out if they have all the equipment we have to be able to do it for you.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I think what everyone wants to know is have
you guys cracked the entire ECU? Every line of code?
Or is this a piggy back tune?
There are only 4 who we know of and 3 have been well documented here.
Tork,Murdered Out VT,845 and Pross/Lap3 in Korea
This is a full ecu tune not a piggy back system. We have every line of code and can modify them as well. That is why some people will need to send in their ecu (for now).

· Registered
1,840 Posts

· Registered
919 Posts
21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.