Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the stock exhaust layout on a 2016 VT is enough to handle a cold air intake system or would i need to cutomize that first? Im just looking to get a lil more potential out of this beast. Idk a whole lot about this sort of thing so I couldnt give you a laid out plan. i just know i want her boosted some more. Im only pushing 261hp atm. I suppose i'd be cool with 325-350. Any advice on any performance part/procedure would be welcome.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,564 Posts
What mods and tuning do you have currently? Do you have a dyno to post of the 261 hp now? Manual or DCT? Goals and use of the car?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was wondering if the stock exhaust layout on a 2016 VT is enough to handle a cold air intake system or would i need to cutomize that first? Im just looking to get a lil more potential out of this beast. Idk a whole lot about this sort of thing so I couldnt give you a laid out plan. i just know i want her boosted some more. Im only pushing 261hp atm. I suppose i'd be cool with 325-350. Any advice on any performance part/procedure would be welcome.
The exhaust can handle a cold air intake system. A downpipe or new midpipe might help. 325-350 should be pretty quick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What mods and tuning do you have currently? Do you have a dyno to post of the 261 hp now? Manual or DCT? Goals and use of the car?
Atm all I have is a stage 3 race chip. I do not have a dyno thing to post my hp. It is a manual. I use it to deliver pizza/everyday use. My goal is simply to boost potential. For fun mainly.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,564 Posts
So a piggyback is not safe with good mods on the car much less being the only mod especially for what you use the car for and you do not have 261 hp from it regardless of what marketing may say.

I'd advise you sell what you have and mod it wisely but proper maintenance will be priority #1 before proper mods to get more power.

Reactions: L3g10n

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nice. Thank you. Is a downpipe or midpipe diy or something a shop should do?
Depends on your skills. If you buy a pre-made midpipe just about anyone who can safely raise their car enough to get under it could do it (maybe 4 bolts). Downpipe is a different story. If you're handy you could do it. But be prepared to potentially have to deal with broken studs.

·
Premium Member
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT w/ Tech Package
127 Posts
Adding nearly 100HP to what you supposedly have now is far above "a lil more potential". If you are talking 350WHP, you are approaching double stock output. This is an unlikely feat with your inexperience. Your chip is probably BHP (at the crank) not WHP. Cold air intake is a negligible increase in flow (itself) and the stock exhaust is more than adequate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts