Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
any vt owners out there that own/work at a muffler shop that can possibly try out some different mufflers and post sound clips? :smile: if so i would really love to hear a glasspack,dynomax ultra flow,heartthrob, magnaflow, in place of the muffler. and any other good brands members think would sound good. looking for a nice throaty sound and not ricey

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i would be willing to donate some $ via paypal to help cover costs. maybe some other interested members would be willing also?

·
Registered
60 Posts
i was thinking about removing the resonator and adding a borla muffler. not sure how i feel about it.

with the air intake, the suction is looooooud. but theres no exhaust tone at all. its kind of pathetic but im not sure if i really want to deal with it all right now or not.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
i did the muffler delete while keeping the stock resonator.. a bit to loud for me over 3000 rpm. I am going to be putting on a magnaflow muffler 12246 if i recall. should make it sound a lot better and not so noisy. Someone on ***** did something similar and he said it took the noise from a 10 (without any muffler) to around a 5 (replacing resonator with muffler) which seems like the territory I am looking for.

The suction is already really loud.. Don't need the car being SUPER loud without a muffler.

I think if you used a thrush instead of the muffler it would actually sound quite good but still maybe a little loud since you would only have two resonators.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I would really like to hear a glasspack in place of the stock Muffler.supposed to make a throaty sound which is what I want

·
Registered
148 Posts
If they could get the vt to sound like the focus st i would definately buy whatever exhaust it is.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If they could get the vt to sound like the focus st i would definately buy whatever exhaust it is.
i just emailed milltek about an exhaust for the vt. we shall wait and see what they say. i noticed on their website they pretty much make exhausts for all makes except hyundai. :sad:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
have any member had an exhaust done since i posted this? i want to do mine but would like to hear some clips first before i decide what route i want to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am just looking to enhance the sound, not replace the exhaust system at all. Based on how the tips fit together out the back bumper, is it possible to simply add exhaust tips? I want to throw two 2.5" black tips on without it sticking out too much. Or should I be looking at a new resonator?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
if you are wanting to change the sound, simply replace the muffler..

the tips are FAKE in the back and wont be very easy to change.

Awesome choice on the car also. Exactly what we have :D

and looks like you are a fellow Michigander.. I'd really like to move back one day, I hate HATE New Mexico..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm actually a student at Michigan State, from Kalamazoo before that. I knew I had to have the Vitamin color in turbo, and it took me about three weeks to finally get it. There were no Vitamin Turbos left around here, so I ended up snagging the last one in the midwest near Cleveland :eagerness:.

I'm not looking to replace the exhaust since I am skipping performance mods. I just want a deeper growl while revving in the lower gears. I was hoping to just add resonated tips to the ends, but replacing the muffler sounds like more work than I am ready for =/

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
yeah, adding tips wont be very easy since the tips in the back are actually fake.. if you were to install tips on the end of the exhaust, the movement might cause them to rub the plastic (unless they are small) and melt the bumper.

·
2,385 Posts
I'm actually a student at Michigan State, from Kalamazoo before that. I knew I had to have the Vitamin color in turbo, and it took me about three weeks to finally get it. There were no Vitamin Turbos left around here, so I ended up snagging the last one in the midwest near Cleveland :eagerness:.

I'm not looking to replace the exhaust since I am skipping performance mods. I just want a deeper growl while revving in the lower gears. I was hoping to just add resonated tips to the ends, but replacing the muffler sounds like more work than I am ready for =/
Hey kmart, where do you live? I'm in Rochester Hills, just thought it would be nice to meet up. Sent you a PM earlier. Thx!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
There is no real way to change the exhaust sound on this car - or any direct injected car with variable valve timing no matter what muffler or tips you use.

The "whoosh" sound from the intake and the "roar" sound from the exhaust on previous cars was due to valve timing overlap where the valves had to open prematurely to avoid pre-detonation on the compression cycle and ensure that the exhaust had enough time to clear over a wide RPM range.

This motor makes 200 hp with only 1.6 liters, gets 38 mpg and comes with a 100,000 mile warranty. Hyundai is doing something right.

The new BMW M5 makes 500+ hp by using the same variable valve technology and direct injection. BMW realized that even though the new M5 made more hp than the previous one it lacked that roar. BMW couldn't figure out a way to make their new VVT and GDI M5 sound like the old one so they recorded the old motors sound and it is played back through the sound system. No really. I'm not making this up.

The new performance comes from efficiency and loud noise is not efficient. It is time to roll with the new.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is no real way to change the exhaust sound on this car - or any direct injected car with variable valve timing no matter what muffler or tips you use.

The "whoosh" sound from the intake and the "roar" sound from the exhaust on previous cars was due to valve timing overlap where the valves had to open prematurely to avoid pre-detonation on the compression cycle and ensure that the exhaust had enough time to clear over a wide RPM range.

This motor makes 200 hp with only 1.6 liters, gets 38 mpg and comes with a 100,000 mile warranty. Hyundai is doing something right.

The new BMW M5 makes 500+ hp by using the same variable valve technology and direct injection. BMW realized that even though the new M5 made more hp than the previous one it lacked that roar. BMW couldn't figure out a way to make their new VVT and GDI M5 sound like the old one so they recorded the old motors sound and it is played back through the sound system. No really. I'm not making this up.

The new performance comes from efficiency and loud noise is not efficient. It is time to roll with the new.
are you saying that you cannot change the sound of the car? :question:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts