Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
‘14 VT Ultra Black; Konig Oversteer 225
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heads up my resonator was piped awhile ago.
Now on with my question.
Is cutting the muffler off as far back as I can going to make it TOO loud? I’m not even necessarily worried about volume I’m just worried about actual sound. Id hate to have one of those cars that you hear and look at and think “god damn why didn’t they just buy a kit”

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
so if you removed the resonator and then the muffler it will be loud.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you're that worried about the sound, just disconnect the exhaust at any point before the muffler and see what it sounds like. That'll give you a pretty good idea of how it'll sound with no muffler, just a little bit louder.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I’m totally straight piped, I love it. She’s got a sexy gurgle! I’ve had a few different set ups, had an 845 dump at one point and then switched to Magnaflow. Currently it’s the 845 dump welded into the Magnaflow, cutting out the resonator.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
‘14 VT Ultra Black; Konig Oversteer 225
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m totally straight piped, I love it. She’s got a sexy gurgle! I’ve had a few different set ups, had an 845 dump at one point and then switched to Magnaflow. Currently it’s the 845 dump welded into the Magnaflow, cutting out the resonator.
Yep I went for a dump after the wheels instead of piping all the way to the tip ports.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,086 Posts
Good setup right there and no soot on the rear of the car!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Two potential problems with this setup. Migration of exhaust gases into cabin and exposure of chassis to corrosive moisture laden gasses.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
580 Posts
Two potential problems with this setup. Migration of exhaust gases into cabin and exposure of chassis to corrosive moisture laden gasses.
I knew somebody was going to chime in on that. 😁
Yeah at a stop light or stop and go traffic it could enter the cabin. There may also be some laws against that type of setup as the exhaust should be outside the body in some manner. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I would actually believe that there's going to be more corrosion issues in the rust belt states than what comes out of your exhaust. I seriously do t think that's going to be an issue. 😉

You'd also hear the exhaust too as the sound will be reflected up its so close to the rear beam but it's still a cool idea though. 👍

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,086 Posts
If you have a setup like this you have to stay in it to not have those cons! :)

·
Premium Member
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT w/ Tech Package
86 Posts
So heads up my resonator was piped awhile ago.
Now on with my question.
Is cutting the muffler off as far back as I can going to make it TOO loud? I’m not even necessarily worried about volume I’m just worried about actual sound. Id hate to have one of those cars that you hear and look at and think “god damn why didn’t they just buy a kit”
It will be very loud and likely pretty smelly if you haven't done some serious performance modifications. Your performance will suffer too.
I live in FL and every single time I hear a "muffler delete" I roll my eyes. They are almost always NA cars though. There are going to be people that think it sounds cool and there will be people that are going to think “god damn why didn’t they just buy a kit”. You gotta do it for you though. Try the suggestions people gave for seeing if YOU like the sound. No one ever made a car louder and didn't bother at least someone. :cool:

I am actually starting to look into some options for making a custom dynamic exhaust system because I want more volume sometimes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
mine sounds ok/good. But most of the people was amazed with the sound.

I changed my resonator stock to Glass Pack - a lil bigger and more deep sound/gurgle(Not much Diff)
And muffler delete. Now, straight from Glass pack.

Oh, and it's not that loud really.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts