Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Recently got a completely stock VT and I've been thinking on getting a custom exhaust for better performance and a little more sound since I plan on making a few mods in the near future. Not sure if there's a post about this already but, My question is, what exhaust piping size is best suited for these cars? Based on some research, a 2.50 inch exhaust seems like the most suited for what I'm looking for, but I'd like to hear you guy's opinions and advice.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,429 Posts
Year model, transmission, and goals with the car?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,429 Posts
Muffler delete and maybe gutting the oem cats will be sufficient on sound and flow for those power goals. 2.5" is very close to the oem exhaust diameter. You will not reach those power goals without more mods and tuning though if you mean whp but bhp will be in the 230 bhp area FBO before the oem tune hits limiters and shuts the party down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Muffler delete and maybe gutting the oem cats will be sufficient on sound and flow for those power goals. 2.5" is very close to the oem exhaust diameter. You will not reach those power goals without more mods and tuning though if you mean whp but bhp will be in the 230 bhp area FBO before the oem tune hits limiters and shuts the party down.
[/QUOTE
Thanks! I'll probably go for a full 2.5" exhaust with a resonator and leave the cats, a CAI and a tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts