Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, figured we've seen enough exhaust threads about which exhaust to buy and what not or what is the best one for your money that we should just make a thread based on nothing but naming the type of exhaust you have or what you have done to your exhaust to modify it. Simply place what type of exhaust system you are running and a list of mods and a sound clip, this will give everyone a chance to check out what all options they'd have as far as exhaust. You may add where you obtained the system from too as that will help keep questions down. I'll start it off.

Custom exhaust at rear axle, removed secondary muffler and replaced with y-pipe and ran it straight out the back with factory tips. I have two sound clips, one is from underneath the front of the car (it was raining and I couldn't just lay my phone on the ground), second clip was a tad too close at one point bc the exhaust literally baffles out the mic on my Note 3 lol (yes, it's loud and sounds damn good to me)!

·
Registered
563 Posts
845 3" v-band catless downpipe
845 3" catback exhaust
Borla XR-1 15" x 5" diameter round body muffler

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man, your custom exhaust the love sound and tone of that music to my ears.
Thanks Kablamo! Cost me a whole $65 including the y-pipe and installation! I would agree it's not too shabby for that price lol! Honestly though, the phone doesn't do it much justice as it sounds quite different in person. My problem with most these aftermarket exhaust all seem to be too high pitched in my opinion, when I'm going for exhaust tone I wanna hear some throat (deepness) and that's precisely what I heard from y-piping the exhaust. I have to give credit to AxisYellow here as he was my inspiration for sound!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
52 views and only 2 sound clips, one being mine, the OP... this saddens me. Come on peeps, I wanna see some clips and a bunch of other members would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Jun BL GT catback and Pierce Motorsports downpipe with high flow cat. Driving video has XForce exhaust tips on it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jun BL GT catback and Pierce Motorsports downpipe with high flow cat. Driving video has XForce exhaust tips on it.

Thanks Mal, was hoping you'd swing by as I know several would like to hear the Jun! :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could post a clip of stock exhaust, if that's what you'd like.
Think it's safe to say that everyone is familiar with how the stock exhaust sounds. With all those mods and you don't have any exhaust? What's with that?!? LOL

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

Tork Big Gulp Intake with custom air box and 9" filter
Tork Resonator Delete Pipe
ERZ/CNT Catless Downpipe
Tork Stage 1 Tune
Stock Cat-back
Stock Intercooler
Stock BPV

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tork Big Gulp Intake with custom air box and 9" filter
Tork Resonator Delete Pipe
ERZ/CNT Catless Downpipe
Tork Stage 1 Tune
Stock Cat-back
Stock Intercooler
Stock BPV
Let's get some WOT action, didn't sound bad from what I could tell. I'm curious to see a good hard 2nd and 3rd pull with your setup anyhow!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Let's get some WOT action, didn't sound bad from what I could tell. I'm curious to see a good hard 2nd and 3rd pull with your setup anyhow!
ECU is still on the way back from Tork. Got an upgrade ;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ECU is still on the way back from Tork. Got an upgrade ;)
O_O :smile: ...andddd now I'm on stand by for that! LOL! Can't wait to see what it looks like, and more importantly what that signature ET changes to! :D

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey do you guys know if there is any type of performance gains by removing the secondary muffler and putting in the y pipe or is it just completely for the sound?

·
Registered
582 Posts

2nd vid all I did was remove the clutch cable. Does anyone else get a lot of rasp when they do it?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey do you guys know if there is any type of performance gains by removing the secondary muffler and putting in the y pipe or is it just completely for the sound?
Not sure if you're going to get any more performance out of it, and if you do, it wouldn't be very substantial. You are getting better airflow though as you're removing some restriction and just running pipe, so you could be gaining some in that essence.

Snail, I hope you finally beat Kyle's time as I haven't seen anyone close but you lol! I'm dying to get a tune my pocket just isn't ready for that kind of damage lol!

BlueVTM, thanks for posting the GT Jun exhaust for us! :D

1 - 20 of 272 Posts