Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is Sam from exLEDSHOP.com, happy to be a supporting vendor here at velosterturbo.org. Please check out our website for any of your LED needs. If you email me from the website or use the "contact us" on the website, you'll be talking with me.

You may see some of our products on other websites, but we are the ones who make the product and have the most knowledge about them.

Again, thank you and I look forward to helping you in the future with any of your LED needs. :D

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope :) They are being produced as we speak. Our chief engineer who makes the designs for ALL of our products is putting it together and testing it, making sure that what he produced is the outcome that he was intending. Right next to me, actually.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These will be better than the normal V's reflector LED's, in terms of the function. They have movement. ;)

·
2,385 Posts
These will be better than the normal V's reflector LED's, in terms of the function. They have movement. ;)
NICE! Way to go!
Now, am I missing the fog light kit(s) for the VT?
Also, can you send me a link to the kit for the headlights that includes ALL of the upgrades? From painted black housing to LED eyeliner, LED reflector, LED ring, LED turn signal etc?
PS: Is there a kit that already has HID's plus all of the LED options installed?
Thank You!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NICE! Way to go!
Now, am I missing the fog light kit(s) for the VT?
Also, can you send me a link to the kit for the headlights that includes ALL of the upgrades? From painted black housing to LED eyeliner, LED reflector, LED ring, LED turn signal etc?
PS: Is there a kit that already has HID's plus all of the LED options installed?
Thank You!
exLED FULL LED HEADLIGHTS for VELOSTER TURBO

We do not have anything yet for the fog lights.

As far as the HID's go, it is best for you to add your own HID's. (I can't find it as even an option on the Korean Hyundai website, which would mean they don't have them). However, IF they did make them with stock HID's, look for adding an extra $200-$300 each PER headlight. To give you some examples of how stock HID's rip you off, the new Elantra GT: ~120 each vs HID ~300 each; Elantra sedan: 95ea normal, 360ea HID; Sonata normal: 115ea, 450ea HID. So...aftermarket is the way to. :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow...that was quick because I already see these for sale on your site

exLED Rear Reflector Micom LED Modules Ver.2 for Veloster Turbo

I'm curious just how difficult it is to install (haven't taken delivery of my car yet) and also if they get crushed or could be damaged with the reinstalling the reflector atop the circuitry.

I'm definitely wanting to make something like this my first mod!

They shouldn't be too difficult to install. We haven't yet installed them in a VT, as we just made them, but from previous experience watching/installing rear reflectors on other cars, it's pretty straight forward.
It requires you to partially remove your bumper (meaning the screw on the bottom part do not need to be undone). Only the screws that are holing it up (next to the tail lights) and the ones in the wheel well. After you partially remove the bumper, there will be 4 screws holding the reflector in place.

It won't get crushed.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow...that was quick because I already see these for sale on your site
It was because they were produced already, but our engineer was checking it and manipulating the flashing pattern. Once I got the go ahead, then I added it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a question about your full headlamp packages too, if I can ask here? There are two models that you show - items 78870 and 9035. There is a couple hundred dollar price difference and the cheaper one (78870) allows you to add options and fully loaded brings it to $60 less than the 9035 assembly. What is the difference? And, item 78870 specifically said in the description that it is not a HID headlamp and there is no description like that in 9035. Does that mean that HID is available through you?

Thanks!

·
2,385 Posts
I have a question about your full headlamp packages too, if I can ask here? There are two models that you show - items 78870 and 9035. There is a couple hundred dollar price difference and the cheaper one (78870) allows you to add options and fully loaded brings it to $60 less than the 9035 assembly. What is the difference? And, item 78870 specifically said in the description that it is not a HID headlamp and there is no description like that in 9035. Does that mean that HID is available through you?

Thanks!
Good call, noticed the same thing as well.
Cheaper = better ;).

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheaper doesn't always equal better.

To clear the confusion:

- The more expensive one can only be bought with the full package.
- Both are not HID, you will have to install them yourself.
- 78870 (the cheaper one) is produced using the non-turbo headlights, meaning the eye line is different. There are no partitions in the non-turbo eye line. Also the turn signal is different.
- 9035 (the "expensive" one) is the headlight that is currently on the turbo and therefore has the turbo eye line and the chrome trim inside has been changed to black. The eye line and the color change warrants the extra $60, as changing the eye line is a bit more work as well as paying for the color change, which is available (by request) on the non-turbo headlight, but will cost about the same.

*We can also paint it the color of your vehicle, however look on spending an additional $80-90 as the heat-resistant colors to match are more expensive to begin with. (heat resistant because of the heat from the light)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm looking for High Intensity Discharge headlights, not L.E.D. headlight housing trinkets. I don't think L.E.D.s will work as headlights will they ?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No. LED's do not provide enough light to be used as headlights. You have to add them separately to the Veloster. Even the ones in Korea do not have an OEM HID headlight.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I may be interested in some of your items, but I am most interested in having H.I.D. headlights. Do you handle them or can you direct me to where I can order them ?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VeeTee~ I know, I wasn't referring to quality, as I think we can all agree "you get what you pay for." I meant that the more expensive one is "better" in the sense that it comes with a different color trim and the eye line is of the turbo eye line. Having the same turbo eye line is better than not having it on a turbo'd V.

ttwotees~ We do not carry them as there is no global warranty coverage. You can probably find out from other members on this site as to which brands are best (and which size to get), but you can get them almost anywhere. Amazon, eBay, specialty HID online stores, the manufacturers themselves..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the clarification and this makes perfect sense between the two models. I am interested in the 9035 but don't want to piss off the cops too much and although I like the red eye thing, I would prefer something that I could get away with like the blue (since the hue of the LED's are blue). Any pics of what that looks like since there is no return on that?

Thank you in advance and I ask for this not just for me but also because I feel it would suit your sales in the long run. The description you gave about the two different models in this post was great and perhaps that should be added to the item description online. Just a suggestion from a consumer who can and was confused.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts