Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own the car for a month, always had a bit of a rough idle, nothing concerning, but enough to notice some tiny hickups.
So I did the seafoam treatment, since I did the same with my older car and it helped it a lot, despite some call it a myth..whatever.
The myth worked for me, almost to the point, that my neighbor almost called the fire department (my wife explained to him not to worry), and down the road people were screaming at me, that my car is on fire! LOL!!!:cool2:

I sprayed through the vacuum valve attached to the throttle body, because using the main air pipe pipe would just not gonna go to the valves.

Keep in mind, the car I have has 40k, and it was mainly driven in the city almost exclusively by its first owner, I know this for a fact, the good thing is, this car never seen mods or abuse (was owned by a lady), beside scraping up the rim edges while street parking by the curb.
So long story short, after 10 minutes on the highway, the throttle response became butter smooth, the turbo feels more lively and there is a punch of power that just wasn't there before.
Seriously, I have never seen so much smoke coming out of a car as I was driving up to the highway entry and the street was literally invisible behind me, I couldn't see a damn thing in my rearview mirror. I'm not kidding!
This still concerns be a bit, because I know the seafoam did a rough work here, I doubt it cleaned it perfectly, there has to be more carbon in there and I'm gonna do something about it.
I'm thinking about walnut blasting, also thought about cleaning it myself by removing the intake and go at with some cleaners and tools.
I really don't feel like doing any mods to this car, until I get it in tip-top shape while everything still stock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The intake comes off real easy. You can clean it rather well with just a wire brush and some brake clean. Just have to make sure the valves are closed. You can look down and see if it is. Just blast out the carbon with compressed air. Sea Foam makes giant clouds of smoke, everything you described is very normal for the product. Some say it works wonders, others the opposite. The only way to truly know is remove the intake. Take some photos and post them, we all love a good head shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts