Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have decided to make the fender flares available two ways - 1-piece front flares, or 2-piece front flares split at the bumper line. We should have these available very soon, just making some measurements. You can get the one-piece flares right now.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Pictures? Prices?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
2 piece please....

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
One piece, iunno why one would want a 2 piece... someone mind cluing me in?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
One piece, iunno why one would want a 2 piece... someone mind cluing me in?
Because if it's one piece you would have to take it off every time you wanted to remove the bumper. which occurs quite often on this car.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Oh, then no, I'd much rather have a one piece. If I'm throwing fender flares on it, I don't have much plans on taking off the bumper anymore lol! Or I would hope not!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Oh, then no, I'd much rather have a one piece. If I'm throwing fender flares on it, I don't have much plans on taking off the bumper anymore lol! Or I would hope not!
Unless you have tiny hands you won't be able to change the headlight bulbs without removing the bumper...just a thought for ya.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Unless you have tiny hands you won't be able to change the headlight bulbs without removing the bumper...just a thought for ya.
Do have tiny hands fortunately, but can't change a bulb without removing the bumper?? Seriously!? I thought the one on the altima was a tight fit lol, had to remove the air box to get it out. Oh well, so be it, depends on how the 2 piece looks vs the one piece. I may suffice and just live with it. :D Thanks STeve

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I will try to Photoshop some pics of where the split would be. Here is a pic of the flares on our show car - this was not a VT but we will modify the flares to cut off at the side skirt for the VT. FYI this car was lowered 1.5 inches... veloster_flares_pf.jpg veloster_flares_dr.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick PS job of approximate split line on flares - also FYI these were painted on the bottom edge to match paint scheme. flare_split.jpg

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
more overlay parts. was excited for bolt on flares, now just dissapointed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can bolt them on if you want, of course. We wanted a clean look so these are bonded.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
But you said flares. They do nothing of the sort. Should just be "carbon fiber fender arch stick ons"

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
But you said flares. They do nothing of the sort. Should just be "carbon fiber fender arch stick ons"
They do flare...The orange on the bottom your seeing is just a color match on the flare. If you look closely you can tell it flares out.
Edit: checkout the last photo in post #14 and look at the rear wheel, flare.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts