Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
My feedback.

1. Aren't fender flares used to increase the width of the fender in order to prevent debris flung from the tires hitting your paint? These just seem to stick on to the paint and don't actually 'flare' out the fenders.
2. Bolt-on would be preferable.

I don't see the point of fender flares unless you're tires poke out.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My feedback.

1. Aren't fender flares used to increase the width of the fender in order to prevent debris flung from the tires hitting your paint? These just seem to stick on to the paint and don't actually 'flare' out the fenders.
2. Bolt-on would be preferable.

I don't see the point of fender flares unless you're tires poke out.
checkout my post above yours, they do flare.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
light flare, like 1/2 inch

was expecting this

instead got this:

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
check out this NAV

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
i was curious about that too. i know the sides still need to be painted, but maybe there are more pieces...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Those are sweet!!!!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The ones on the red NAV are the flares I want. but make them the entire length of the wheel well... The ones the OP posted arent large enough to cover a really concave wheel which is what this cars design is screaming for.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
i would have to agree.

by the way, that ST is SWEEEEET in person! i was drooling on it at Carlisle.

·
Registered
600 Posts
OP-

I'm sure this thread didn't quite go as hoped but let me help you out here. The have been MYRIAD offers to produce body parts (Grills, sills, scoops, wings, splitters, etc) on this site and rarely have they come to fruition even though THIS community is starving for them. What happened is you walked into a pack of rabid starving mongrel dogs offering steak then handing out a hot dog. I'm sure your product is nice but the pictures you offered don't do it any justice if it is. What we need to see is an UNMODIFIED version that shows exactly what the product is. The color match stripe just hides the detail of the flare and makes it look (IMO) like a cheesy stick on part - as referenced by the images posted.

The MAIN reason we want flares is for wider wheels, wider tires, deeper concaves, etc. Your pics show a car with basically stock wheels...meh.

I do appreciate that the flares are complete unlike the current offerings by ARK, etc. but without better pics and descriptions we are lost.

Take this for what you will but I REALLY want a wide body kit for this car because I think it would look amazing. I am sincerely hopeful you can provide more details.

Thanks.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts