Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 VT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, having an issue with wheel rub, 2016 vt, running 18x8 with 40mm offset (A lil wide I know, I know, I like poke fitment) although I know adding camber, lowering tire profile, or just going back to my stock rims would help, I want to keep the current fit, besides these I need outside the box solutions, quite simply put im talking like remove the fronts and use truck bed liner to rust protect ,these liners have been pissing me off since I got the car🤷‍♂️
Anyone have any other ideas or solutions for this issue? Also thought of maybe removing them and doing some modifications to the OEM liner.

Any ideas helps, thanks in advance 😁

Automotive tire Tire Tread Synthetic rubber Automotive wheel system

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
Tire size? Suspension specs? When and where are you rubbing?

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
you suggested what to do however camber isn't really going to fix it just change where it rubs. trust me i know.

you're going to need to remove the fenderliner or change the tires.

Reactions: Intulect

·
Registered
2013 VT
103 Posts
these shitty liners will tear at the slightest break from OEM, I swear lol. I've replaced them myself 3 times, and I'm only dropped 1" in the front with 18x8.5 +30, and this has been my most aggressive setup yet. I have them pulled away from the tires and toward the bumper with some bolts/nuts/zip ties, but honestly, f*ck these things man. Or run a less-than-ideal OEM setup :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts