Veloster Turbo Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts
I want to put a BOV on mine trying to do the research and see what kind would be best. any comments would be helpful. got my VT on 7/25/12, black, A/T.

I'll prolly run through the warranty so fast that I can wait on those mods, but I want to find a front grille to change out the brick and some led/hid for hi/lo and fogs

installing SRI, BOV, NGM springs and getting the muffler removed this weekend!

This car uses the Gcoupe/SRT-4 BPV flange so you can use anything made for either car that uses the stock mounting location.. or use a block off plate and install a BOV on the charge piping (not much room though)

I ordered the forge BOV for the Gcoupe.

This car uses the Gcoupe/SRT-4 BPV flange so you can use anything made for either car that uses the stock mounting location.. or use a block off plate and install a BOV on the charge piping (not much room though)

Can't wait for your review. With no muff
I'm only doing. K and n. and probably no. Muff for performance hp

How's it running after the mods?

Let me know if anyone has done anything yet to their Veloster Turbo.
I really want to put a CAI and a BOV on mine.
I'm definitely putting window tint on it...probably 20% all around.
Exhaust, not sure.
Rims...possibly.
I want to see an aftermarket intercooler asap! That would look sweet!

Car is running good.

Intercooler is 'vertical' near the drivers side of the grill.. Actually looks and has been designed for great cooling efficiency. I don't see the need for a bigger cooler until anyone goes to a bigger turbo.. Even then, a slightly bigger, more efficient core in the same area (with a new Crash Bar) would probably suffice well.

STOCK IC location

I was going to make a FMIC kit for the car but the IC will not sit centered (not like it matters) and this IC looks big enough for now so I won't bother.

Even the charge piping (minus some semi short pieces of rubber) looks pretty well done.

CAI extension would be VERY easy since I removed the entire stock intake system of doom..

I finished doing the SRI, put the BOV on and the NGM springs.. That is about is for 'performance' so far.. Muffler replacement coming sometime soon.

BOV = Blow-Off Valve
BPV= ByPass Valve
SRI= Short Ram Intake
CAI= Cold Air Intake
PCV= Positive Crankcase Ventilation
TB= Throttle Body
NGM= Next Gen Motorsports (spring brand)
HMA= Hyundai Motors America
PTB= Partial Throttle Boost
WOT= Wide Open Throttle
HID= High Intensity Discharge
LED= Light Emitting Diode
FMIC= Front Mount InterCooler
VCB= Valve Cover Breather
CPS= Cam Positioning Sensor
CPK= Crank Positioning Sensor
FI= Forced Induction
SC= SuperCharged
TC= TurboCharged
N20= Nitrous
M/T= Manual Transmission
A/T= Auto Transmission
DCT= Dual Clutch Transmission
GDI= Gasoline Direct Injection
CP= Coil Pack
COP= Coil On Plug
DIS= Distributor-less Ignition System
A/R= Area / Radius (turbo term)
BB= Ball Bearing
JB= Journal Bearing
BBK= Big Brake Kit
AFR= Air Fuel Ratio
A/F= Air Fuel Ratio
CAT= Catalytic Converter
PCM or ECU or ECM = Engine Control Unit (cars computer)
CR= Compression Ratio
CTS= Coolant Temperature Sensor
CEL or DTC = Check Engine Light
DC= Duty Cycle
EGT= Exhaust Gas Temperature
EGR= Exhaust Gas Recirculation
IAC= Idle Air Control
IAT= Intake Air Temperature
KR= Knock Retard
MAP= Manifold Abosulte Pressure
MAF= Mass Air Flow
NA= Naturally Aspirated
TPS= Throttle Position Sensor

need more? haha

Here are some pics/vid of the mods..

Veloster_turbo :: DSC_0051.mp4 video by turbosocks-D40 - Photobucket

Yep, I had to do that twice.. Once to install my Mopar blue plate and then another time to install the block off.. Such a pain in the arse.. I do miss the sheer badassness of the SRT-4 though.. It was quite a bit faster than the VTurbo.

hey guys, just wanted to get a place card in the thread, for what its worth have had many boosted cars myself, including my current BMW 335i and I had a SRT-4 Stage 3(the original), plus a HHR SS and a Cobalt SS S/C. I am considering a Veloster Turbo(test drove one yesterday) or a Focus ST as i miss having a pocket rocket :)
Just popping my .02 and since this hyundai is GDI it already HAS a wideband o2, you would just have to figure out how to read it, on my HHR SS we had gauges that we could plug into the obd2 port and it read the A/F ratio perfectly, had the same on the SRT-4 but cause it was PFI it didnt have a wideband.
direct injection uses them otherwise they couldnt monitor the A/F ratio and make instant adjustments to keep the engine going and performing properly. also remember that GDI isnt limited injector wise like PFI, they tend to control the flow of the injectors thru pressure and the ecm does the calcs. I ran 19lbs-20 lbs boost on the HHR and couldve run more but the clutch slipped whenever we turned up the wick ;P

Someone asked about the factory arm of Hyundai and it is TUIX, here is a veloster listing:

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.