Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice some stuttering hesitation when i get on it generaly in 3rd gear, no sound with it just that the accelleration is ot smooth. I also notice a buzzing noise like hard suface vibration right around 2250 rpm when i am not on the gas. Anyone else noticed anything like this?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have noticed the lack of smoothness in the power and also. I have no clue why it's doing this.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
All I know is that 4th or 5th gear is perty long. Otherwise the lack of smoothness that I'm feeling is the turbo trying to spool, but I'm not gassing hard enough for it to spool.

·
Registered
148 Posts
No automatic for me. It's not the turbo spooling that I feel. The turbo spools so fast you really don't notice it. From 3,000 on the powerband seems to go up and down. I am wondering if this is a tuning issue? I also can't stand the delayed throttle when you are rowing through the gears. Hopefully something will come along and fix that as well. Other than those things I love the car. For the price you can' t beat it. And unlike the fr-s, I actually can sit back in the seat. Too many years in the weight room made my shoulders and back a bit broad. I fit in the VT just fine.

·
Registered
373 Posts
No automatic for me. It's not the turbo spooling that I feel. The turbo spools so fast you really don't notice it. From 3,000 on the powerband seems to go up and down. I am wondering if this is a tuning issue? I also can't stand the delayed throttle when you are rowing through the gears. Hopefully something will come along and fix that as well. Other than those things I love the car. For the price you can' t beat it. And unlike the fr-s, I actually can sit back in the seat. Too many years in the weight room made my shoulders and back a bit broad. I fit in the VT just fine.
They make something to ...'Remedy' the lag issue for the genesis, i believe it also works in the VT: Sprint Booster For Hyundai Genesis or you could wait for them to make one for the VT

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah I saw that in another thread and it is very tempting.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Just remember every car that uses the DBW mechanism is going to have that lag by default. Now, unless you own a GTR (which also uses the DBW but also features a switch for other driving modes) you'll have to buy the sprint booster to get that same style of driving feeling.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My s had DBW and I never had an issue with throttle response. I drove both and couldn't tell the difference. The VT on the other hand is pretty noticeable. They are working on a version for the VT. I spoke with them today.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
SFR was looking for a Turbo to develop a reflash/tune for it. Increased drivability and throttle response, better fuel economy, increased boost, etc. So far they have had no one in their area interested.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Where is sfr located?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
ewww.. don't waste your money on those stupid sprint booster things... ridiculously priced..

If you want to floor it, just floor it.. All these things are going to do is help in mid throttle.. meaning when you have 50% throttle, it will tell the car it is @ say.. 70% throttle.. Just put your foot down more if you want to accelerate more.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not looking to accelerate more, wanting to get rid of the terrible lag when the peddle is pressed. The 1-2 shift is like a half second delay and so are most of the others.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
this will not get rid of the lag.. it will just tell the computer you are at a different throttle position throughout the pedal range.

I believe for the 'lag' to be fixed A/T guys (and gals) will have to wait for a software update from Hyundai or a flash to revise how the shifting works.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine is a manual and I do not think I am talking about lag. This is my first turbo, so I do not have anything to compare with. It feels like, trying to explain it, boost-lag-boost-lag, like hills and valleys of power sequentially for a short time. Also, anyone hear the buzzing at 2250 rpm?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah I know how the thing works. I just think it's interesting and would be fun to play with. I would never pay that much for something like that. I am going to wait for a reflash or tuning option. I have a feeling there is a lot of untapped potential in this thing. By the way, where did you get the parts to make your custom SRI?

this will not get rid of the lag.. it will just tell the computer you are at a different throttle position throughout the pedal range.

I believe for the 'lag' to be fixed A/T guys (and gals) will have to wait for a software update from Hyundai or a flash to revise how the shifting works.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts