Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, I’m wondering if anyone has modified our car to be able to run on either gasoline or E85? Flex Fuel basically. I’ve searched our forums but nothing came up.

Looking for a diy tutorial with parts required if possible.

Not necessarily looking for a conversion from one type of fuel to the other. Rather, looking for a dual fuel option.

Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You would have to ditch the stock ECM in place of a stand alone setup to work with our cars.
Most cars switching to e-85 for racing are running stand alone specific for the fuel being used. Only then can you tune the standalone for the specific fuel you'll be using.
This is how high horse power tuners get hp figures for regular gas and racing gas on the dyno. The flexibility of the standalone is the only way to do this. ??‍♂

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Compatible fuel line, compatible in tank fuel pump, compatible tune, proper plugs and gaps for the fuel and tune.

I'm happy with lower fuel cost but lower mpg as well and way more power than can be made on pump gas and gives 0 F's about high iat and ect.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you point me in the right direction? I seriously would like to pursue this. My ride is a 2015 VT MT. I am currently running a Stage 1 Tork tune for over 4 years without any issues at all. Using HKS45’s for plugs. Cerma treated engine and turbo. 60mm throttle body w coolant bypass. I’ve done all the foundational mods from the get go.

I am comfortable turning a wrench. I just don’t know where to begin to source the parts nor do I know which parts once I find them. This is foreign to me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Can you point me in the right direction? I seriously would like to pursue this. My ride is a 2015 VT MT. I am currently running a Stage 1 Tork tune for over 4 years without any issues at all. Using HKS45’s for plugs. Cerma treated engine and turbo. 60mm throttle body w coolant bypass. I’ve done all the foundational mods from the get go.

I am comfortable turning a wrench. I just don’t know where to begin to source the parts nor do I know which parts once I find them. This is foreign to me.

Thanks.
You'd need an E85 compatible DW65C fuel pump, E85 compatible fuel line, and a tune compatible for the fuel being run. Pump and fuel line I think KDM tuners has the best deal tight now. Tune wise nobody offers it right now unless you talk to tork they may do it. I tune mine myself.

Just a forewarning you can't operate the car as a typical flex fuel vehicle and have to run the tune for the given fuel in the car and there is some leeway in it depending on how its tuned. If considering running varying fuels I'd suggest get flashing hardware/software and keep in the car to flash any tune at any given time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'd need an E85 compatible DW65C fuel pump, E85 compatible fuel line, and a tune compatible for the fuel being run. Pump and fuel line I think KDM tuners has the best deal tight now. Tune wise nobody offers it right now unless you talk to tork they may do it. I tune mine myself.

Just a forewarning you can't operate the car as a typical flex fuel vehicle and have to run the tune for the given fuel in the car and there is some leeway in it depending on how its tuned. If considering running varying fuels I'd suggest get flashing hardware/software and keep in the car to flash any tune at any given time.
Thank you. This information is very valuable. I was hoping there would be a flex fuel like option. Oh well. Looks like meth injection is in my future then.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
A properly setup water/meth injection kit is probably one of the best mods that could go on any VT.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Smiley face leads me to believe you are happy with the results?
Care to share what you had to do?
I've been on flex fuel for about 8 months now. I'm currently tuned for E50 and absolutely love it!!! Not much to add to what trdtoy said. I splurged and got the Deatschwerks 300c pump. The only additional item I installed was a 6 micron in-line stainless steel fuel filter. Probably overkill but I wanted to protect the injectors from potentially clogging because of the cleansing effect ethanol has on the fuel system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts