Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Ok Guys!!
We have the Forge Blow OFf Valve from the Genesis Coupe which has been confirmed will bolt onto the Turbo Veloster...A must for Boosted cars:cool:

Here is the link:)

http://uniqperformance.ca/products-page/engine/forgemotorsport-bov-genesis-coupeand-sonata-2011-2t/

Description

- Billet aluminum construction
- Viton silicone o-ring sealed piston-based internals – no diaphragm to fail
- 3 interchangable springs and included shims to adjust for varying boost levels
- o-ring sealed cap with swivel vacuum nipple
- fully rebuildable

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
<200$ for something made this well is a pretty good deal. There is no chance of this thing leaking or having a diaphragm fail since it is piston based.

I would recommend keeping the green spring in instead of going to the yellow like I did to prevent the CEL P2261.

Don't mind the focus :p just listen to the video

Veloster_turbo :: DSC_0051.mp4 video by turbosocks-D40 - Photobucket

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
A bit pricy compared to what? What were you expecting to pay for a quality aftermarket bov? Price seems okay to me. Definitely nice, but I'm leaning towards the Synapse.
synapse probably will not fit in the stock location and will need an adapter to fit in the stock location. It will probably cost 100$ more easily to use a synapse BOV.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I was looking at your pictures and it most definitely will not fit. I have the Synapse on my 240sx at the moment and it's a large bov. I was planning to block the stock location and mount the synapse somewhere in the engine bay in case I ever upgrade the intercooler and the new one doesn't have a bolt-on location like the oem ic. I've yet to gone under or looked in the engine bay yet to find a good spot for it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can't get the video to play.....
For a "non engine knowing" person like me, how difficult of a mod would this be for me? I would probably have my mechanic do it anyways but I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

·
Registered
170 Posts
will the stock plastic covers fit back on when the bov is installed ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
oh a quick question, does this improve performance at all without other mods ?

·
Registered
373 Posts
will the stock plastic covers fit back on when the bov is installed ?
I think the BOV mounts to the top of the FMIC, which would put it under the bumper, So it should fit.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
link works.. it is photobucket, so that means it takes a while to load. just verified that it is still working!!

yeah, obviously fits since I have it installed :p JUST fits under the plastic piece that is attached to the bumper.

·
Registered
73 Posts
link works.. it is photobucket, so that means it takes a while to load. just verified that it is still working!!
I was trying to watch thru my phone before, thats probably why I couldn't view it. Just watched it on my laptop, sounds and looks cool!!!!

So do you think a non-engine savvy person like me can install it or should I just let my mechanic do it?

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
do NOT waste your money having a mechanic install this.. Anyone who knows how to use a socket set and a screwdriver can manage this install quite easily.

·
Registered
73 Posts
do NOT waste your money having a mechanic install this.. Anyone who knows how to use a socket set and a screwdriver can manage this install quite easily.
Perfect, I shouldn't have a problem then.
thanks!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
all BOV's sound different.. All has to do with how big, the size and how far it opens. The HKS BOVs have different inserts so they sound different..

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
To add to this, the Forge BOV is actually one of the loudest BOV's able to project a loud psssssssssh. On another note, your welcome to try out as many as you like... a lot of people go through several BOV's before they fall in love with one. I know people that liked the Forge BOV instead of the HKS and vice versa. It depends on your taste and what you are looking for.

·
Registered
459 Posts
To add to this, the Forge BOV is actually one of the loudest BOV's able to project a loud psssssssssh. On another note, your welcome to try out as many as you like... a lot of people go through several BOV's before they fall in love with one. I know people that liked the Forge BOV instead of the HKS and vice versa. It depends on your taste and what you are looking for.
I was looking for a loud, sort of explosive "pshss"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts