Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok Guys!!
We have the Forge Blow OFf Valve from the Genesis Coupe which has been confirmed will bolt onto the Turbo Veloster...A must for Boosted cars:cool:

Here is the link:)

http://uniqperformance.ca/products-page/engine/forgemotorsport-bov-genesis-coupeand-sonata-2011-2t/

Description

- Billet aluminum construction
- Viton silicone o-ring sealed piston-based internals – no diaphragm to fail
- 3 interchangable springs and included shims to adjust for varying boost levels
- o-ring sealed cap with swivel vacuum nipple
- fully rebuildable

The Forge direct replacement blow-off valve is designed to be a more durable and performance oriented valve than the OEM unit. The OEM valve is suitable for stock boost levels for a period of time, however, once boost pressure is raised, and after prolonged use, the stock valve will no longer be adequate. Raising the boost output of the vehicle will have a number of effects on the OEM valve. First and foremost, the additional boost pressure will quickly exceed the capacity of the OEM spring to keep the valve closed under higher boost levels. Since you cannot change the springs in the OEM valve, it cannot be adjusted for higher boost levels. Secondly, the additional heat generated by the increased boost will quickly deteriorate the OEM rubber valve diaphragm, which will also lose strength with repeated oscillations. The Forge valve uses full billet aluminum construction and Viton silicone o-rings that will withstand the highest boost levels and repeated abuse. It is also tunable for varying boost levels with the included spring tuning kit. If there is ever a problem with the valve such as a torn o-ring, replacements are available free of charge, and the valve is fully rebuildable. Because the Genesis Coupe 2.0T does not use a MAF (mass air flow) sensor, there is no reason that the residual boost pressure at throttle lift cannot be vented to the atmosphere such as with this valve. The engine management does not meter the air volume entering the engine, so this residual pressure can be discharged without any adverse affects on the performance or driveability of the vehicle. Additionally, the valve being open at an idle or vacuum condition is a normal occurance, and is not indicative of a leaking valve. If the intake manifold is in vacuum, even while cruising at speed, the valve may be open. The OEM valve operates in this same manner, however, it is just not visible/audible because it is recirculating instead of vented to the atmosphere. Using a stiffer spring to keep the valve closed at a vacuum condition may result in too stiff of a spring tension to effectively discharge pressure at a throttle lift condition

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
just to help push this mod. I am the one to have tried this out and it DOES work.. Direct Bolt on as Rob said.

Keep the Green spring installed when you get it. The yellow seems a little stiff and seems to have set off CEL P2261. The cause is because when warming the car up, there isn't enough vacuum to open it under light load. This can be remedied by letting it warm up before boosting at all or just low revs for the first mile or so.

Reactions: dascrow

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just to help push this mod. I am the one to have tried this out and it DOES work.. Direct Bolt on as Rob said.

Keep the Green spring installed when you get it. The yellow seems a little stiff and seems to have set off CEL P2261. The cause is because when warming the car up, there isn't enough vacuum to open it under light load. This can be remedied by letting it warm up before boosting at all or just low revs for the first mile or so.

Thansk Buddy for posting pics up:)
We actually tested it locally and worked like a charm and confired it fits:)

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
<200$ for something made this well is a pretty good deal. There is no chance of this thing leaking or having a diaphragm fail since it is piston based.

I would recommend keeping the green spring in instead of going to the yellow like I did to prevent the CEL P2261.

Don't mind the focus :p just listen to the video

Veloster_turbo :: DSC_0051.mp4 video by turbosocks-D40 - Photobucket

·
Registered
73 Posts
Any thoughs for a discounted "group buy"?????

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your payment guys:)
Orders will ship Monday

I have 10 left in stock:)

·
2,385 Posts
So is there a discounted group rate or not? If so, let me know and I'll get one as well. :wink:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is not much room to play with but if i get 5 plus buyers i can do $175 shipped
If you prefer insurance against lost or damage its $5 more if you want
Ok guys i only have 7 left in stock at this price:)

·
2,385 Posts
Put me down for one at the $175 shipped price! Let me know when and where to pay and how.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ok guys please post your name if your intrested below for a GB rate
Pricing is $175 shipped and includes insurance against Lost or damage
All payments are through paypal at [email protected]

ALL PRICES ARE IN CANADIAN FUNDS

Once we get our 5 plus members then price can be honoured

1)VeeTee
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pricing is $175 shipped and $10 more which includes insurance against Lost or damage

ALL PRICES ARE IN CANADIAN FUNDS AND IF YOU WANT INSURED OR NON INSURED

1) VeeTee
2) Doodog
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

·
Registered
29 Posts
contemplating... but i have an inkling that BOV's are illegal in Australia. Would need to do some research into that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
contemplating... but i have an inkling that BOV's are illegal in Australia. Would need to do some research into that.

there should be one on the car already from the factory ;-)

·
Registered
353 Posts
If this idea happened sooner you'd have me on your list. I paid for mine on Friday already.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pricing is $175 shipped and $10 more which includes insurance against Lost or damage

ALL PRICES ARE IN CANADIAN FUNDS AND IF YOU WANT INSURED OR NON INSURED

1) VeeTee
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts