Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have had our eyes on a few veloster turbos in the general area for a week now, and we saw one for $14,500 in NC with only 9,000 miles. Sadly, that one sold before we could get there to see it. Now we found another one, with only 7,000 miles, and asking $14,250. Fully loaded, sun roof and all. The Carfax was not being offered on their site, so I went to vehicle history to get the report on there and found out that the title is a manufacturer buyback, but no more info.

So my questions are these...

Is this too good to be true?

Is it too much of a risk to buy a buy back titled car?

If it is a buy back, what do you think the problems could have been?

Does anyone know if buybacks still have the manufacturer warranty?

Thanks guys, we really like the cars a lot, the price is great for what you get, and we really hope to find one soon!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Whatever the specific reason, the likely scenario is that something major was stumping the technicians, and they could not resolve it to the customer's satisfaction.

You could easily end up the proud new owner of a headache like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do guys, thanks for the suggestion. The car has a clean report and regular maintenance other than that, so I assume it is something either pretty severe, or just someone who found a way out of the payment... either way I think the risk is too high and I will just keep looking.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Will do guys, thanks for the suggestion. The car has a clean report and regular maintenance other than that, so I assume it is something either pretty severe, or just someone who found a way out of the payment... either way I think the risk is too high and I will just keep looking.
Could be multiple complete engine and turbo replacements. What year is it? As other suggested, steer clear. In general, look for a 2015+

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up trading in the truck (2014 Ram, 34,000 miles) and buying a 2015 white VT auto with only 18,000 miles on it! Thanks for the advice guys, I will get a pic posted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts