Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was done prior to me purchasing, I was told he hit a curb, just wondering if anyone has a good fix short of purchasing a new bumper.
My instinct is to get 2 part epoxy and glue it back but that will make removal on future projects rough.

Sorry for picture quality.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
2015 Veloster Turbo

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
So my 2015 VT has the issue not as bad as yours so I haven’t done anything about it yet but plan to this summer when it’s warmer. I didn’t notice it when I bought the car 6 months ago because either the dealer or prior owner hot glued the crap out of it :mad:. But what I have seen as the best fix besides getting a new number would be to get a bumper quick release.

Bumper Quick release *black/red/blue/silver – SoCal Garage Works (fixed)

This is the one I was thinking in silver since I have the vitamin c (aka orange) VT with silver accents.

·
Super Moderator
3,205 Posts
new bumper is best bet. i've had some luck melting the clip back to the bumper with a soldering iron but a few taps and its busted again.

i've been looking at the quick release as well but the cost is a huge deterrent.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The quick release bracket is pricey for what it is, but it works well. FWIW, if you ever plan on taking the bumper off to do any mods, you'll probably end up breaking the tabs that hold the bumper on and have to fix it anyway. If you decide to go with the quick release kit I'll dig up a couple links that will help you with the install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts