Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See the pdf attachment below for instructions on how to remove the front bumper fascia. Once you have the screws and bolts out, you grasp one sie of the fascia and firmly pull away from the front fender panel at the joint where they meet and then do the same to the other side. There's a friction fitting behind the joint. Don't forget to unplug the fog/driving lights. (just pinch the button and pull loose).

View attachment Front Bumper Fascia Removal.pdf

ttwotees :cool2:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Step-by Step front bumper removal

For the life of me I cannot find the post that shows how this is done. I know it has to be here but I cannot find it! Does anyone happen to know off-hand where it is or have a link?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just remember to pull slightly upward on the side sections or you will be breaking clips.
Yeah and to be gentle putting it back. I hulked through some clips popping it back into place.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It is surprisingly easy. A little daunting the first time -- finding all the fasteners and figuring out the "knack" to releasing those brackets at the fenders wasn't super-fun.

I'm definitely more of a computer guy than a mechanical guy, and I still tackled the job (to pull the stock air box and install a 6EE intake) on a brand new car without breaking anything.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yeah, the first couple times it was a chore. But now I can get it off in like 2-3 mins. Lol.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
It can be a little tricky finding all the fasteners the first time... i know those bolts in the wheel wells got me the first time...

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
It can be a little tricky finding all the fasteners the first time... i know those bolts in the wheel wells got me the first time...
they get everyone... but i tore the loop off so now the bumper just hangs on by the body clamps. lol.

·
Registered
342 Posts
they get everyone... but i tore the loop off so now the bumper just hangs on by the body clamps. lol.
Same here. I used trim glue on it and the stuff held up over the winter and is easily removed when taking the bumper off. Lol... quick release glue

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

·
Registered
874 Posts
Bumper removal help

Ok... so I get the sense that this is, in all likelihood, a subject that has been covered (likely well covered) since this platform is nearly 6 years old. That said, I've used the search box and thumbed through the DIY section and cannot find a comprehensive thread on removing the front bumper. I want to remove the bumper this weekend so I can clean some shit up back there....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Reactions: E9C900A

·
Registered
874 Posts
thank you man... sorry to overload the forum with redundancy. I really did try to NOT post this thread.

Reactions: DrJepsenDC
1 - 18 of 18 Posts