Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to make a long story short, I just got my VT back from the body shop. During assembly from the factory there was some paint scraped off where the bumper meets the headlights. It could have been like this to begin with but I pay a great deal of attention to detail and noticed that where the fender and bumper meet there is a gap that widens as it gets closer to the headlight. It sits pretty flush with the fender at the tire well. Has anyone else noticed this? I would say it would be hard to adjust since there is a bracket from factory that the bumper clips into.

·
Registered
373 Posts
So to make a long story short, I just got my VT back from the body shop. During assembly from the factory there was some paint scraped off where the bumper meets the headlights. It could have been like this to begin with but I pay a great deal of attention to detail and noticed that where the fender and bumper meet there is a gap that widens as it gets closer to the headlight. It sits pretty flush with the fender at the tire well. Has anyone else noticed this? I would say it would be hard to adjust since there is a bracket from factory that the bumper clips into.
I'll have to look at mine when I get off work, If it makes you feel any better my hood paint has drip spots on all corners ;)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Mine has it too. I guess it is a design defect. I noticed it the first time I looked at the car. The rear bumper has it too, but not as much.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
i have a chip on the sheet metal where it comes to a point at the hatch.. you can't see it unless you get close..

There is also a slight gap difference from one side of the front bumper to the other at the hood line..

why was my 2001 17k$ Tiburon put together and painted better than the 2013 VTurbo? o_O

Not going to bother with a body shop though, even the dealer, unless it is more major. .I don't want the chance of an entire mis matching panel.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys just saved me another trip to the body shop. I was about to go tell them to fix it. Turbosocks, did you have any issues getting your h11 bulbs to fit? The plastic tabs on mine were to big. I dremeled until I got tired and they still wouldn't twist in.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Socks, please work your magic on a write-up on these, especially if you are doing the fogs too. I have watched all of the youtube vids that halfway pertain to this and feel pretty confident doing it. I think one of your how-to's will cement my confidence :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Turbosocks - Tell us about your H11 bulbs and your driving lights

I haven't found any paint defects on my VT. Maybe because it's black ?

ttwotees :cool2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts