Veloster Turbo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yeah all OEM parts will be used. I didnt know about the diminished value and didnt even think about the Carfax.. thanks Rock

Yeah im ok, I wasnt in the car.. SOme 80 year old man hit my car and tried to run!! Lucky i seen him trying to leave and stopped him.. He was almost proud he hit my car...Bastard!! He wasnt so happy that he got caught.. COps would not come out as there was no injury..

It will all get sorted soon.. All is good..
I think if there isn't a police report, it doesn't show up on carfax... might be wrong but I think carfax is tied to DMV & police records

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
lol i know toad... Sorry man. Ill get pictures and get things rolling this weekend.. Just been busy..

I basically took some of the stock flimsy brackets and made some hand made ones out of 1/8 steel. The stock bracket allowed the bumper to drop about 1/2 inch.. The steel ones hold steady and hold the bumper in place even with out the headlight bracket and the Pierce crash bar. Whats taking me so long is i wanted to make sure it doesnt slowly start to sag over time.. So far they are working... They are far from pretty, but they work

I talked to Jim about making a kit for you guys and we will work out the details a bit more this weekend.. Im also incorporating some Dzus quick release fastners with this, but because of the thickness of the steel i used i need to find the right size...
Did it this morning with 1/4" thick Aluminum. Works great. Took me 10 minutes to make. Thank you for the IDEA!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well I fixed my bumper by doing somewhat the same thing that Whiteboy did. I used one of the brackets from the Turbosocks FMIC and cut it. The holes are already in the right spot, they just need one more hole to bolt them to where the old bumper mounts went. :)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Is anyone ever going to post a picture?

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Dont be. Most of us are shadetree mechanics any ways. Some things dont have to be pretty. Just need to work
Like Cooter from Dukes of Hazard

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Has anyone had this issue? I noticed this crack in the grill while installing my sequence lip. Lol do you think the stealership would approve of a warranty replacement? xD IMG_2545.JPG IMG_2546.JPG

You can't even tell its there unless you look into the grill. These kinds of things bug the hell out of me and I may as well order a new grill..

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hey Josh, any luck with the kit? I certainly want one but do not have the fabrication skills to make this work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have any of the vendors come up with a solution for this? I have money on hand ready to get rid of my sag.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts