Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum, I have 2014 hyundai veloster turbo rspec with 45000 miles on it. I just installed new strut mounts, new end links, and koni yellows. When I turn the car slightly I hear like a creaking noise like I have a bad strut mount or going over some bumps at low speed Thuddish noise kinda like a bad end link. The creaking/thud noise can be reproduced at a stand still turning the wheel slightly back and forth... I have spec tightened the lower motor mount... I checked the axle nuts and they are crushed on I tightened them a little more just in case...endlinks are spec tightened... Two mechanics said everything is tight no play.... Any ideas? Maybe something needs to be greased or lubed?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Welcome

Be sure everything is to spec and properly lubed as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
Got a link to those yellows you ordered?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess can you give me any idea what might need to be greased and lubed and with what?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I guess can you give me any idea what might need to be greased and lubed and with what?
Any part that has contact with other parts and any decent lubricant will work.

·
Super Moderator
3,207 Posts
thanks! i actually have a friend at koni... i was able to grab the part numbers :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello forum, I have 2014 hyundai veloster turbo rspec with 45000 miles on it. I just installed new strut mounts, new end links, and koni yellows. When I turn the car slightly I hear like a creaking noise like I have a bad strut mount or going over some bumps at low speed Thuddish noise kinda like a bad end link. The creaking/thud noise can be reproduced at a stand still turning the wheel slightly back and forth... I have spec tightened the lower motor mount... I checked the axle nuts and they are crushed on I tightened them a little more just in case...endlinks are spec tightened... Two mechanics said everything is tight no play.... Any ideas? Maybe something needs to be greased or lubed?
That shit still running. Awesome 😎!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts