Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there had one of the clear protection films put on their VT? I am contemplating it for my red VT as it has lots of front to catch rocks or other damaging debris. Comments? Installers in the Naperville, IL area?

·
Registered
170 Posts
had my red vt done last week, i had the 3m brand put on , 18 inchs from the front lip toe=wards the window , and he did both mirrors as well, that was 250.00 took him maybe 40 mins , i cant help u as to where to get yours done , im up in the great white north

·
Registered
407 Posts
I will be looking to get this done as well.

My other concern is about the huge opening for the radiator and inter cooler. Someone is going to have to come up with a grill cover soon that still breathes but stops debris such as stones from entering.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a request for info and quote out to an installer I found listed on a corvette and bmw forum. I will make sure I ask about something for the grill and will post what I find. That is a concern that had not come to mind before.

·
Registered
287 Posts
3M bra film is awesome
I have had it on my last 2 pickups, as in a ton of vertical body that can get chipped, and it has so totally saved the paint from chips
And for the record, I got hit with something big, it actually put a little dent in the front hood, there was a super small tear in the film, and the whole hood sheet was replaced without question, and this was several years after it was installed
Clear Bra will be my very 1st mod, on delivery day, or the day after
Super product, and I have always said, I would rather see a tiny line from the edge of the film than a crap load of chips

·
Registered
373 Posts
3M bra film is awesome
I have had it on my last 2 pickups, as in a ton of vertical body that can get chipped, and it has so totally saved the paint from chips
And for the record, I got hit with something big, it actually put a little dent in the front hood, there was a super small tear in the film, and the whole hood sheet was replaced without question, and this was several years after it was installed
Super product, and I have always said, I would rather see a tiny line from the edge of the film than a crap load of chips
Too bad for the ones with Matte finish ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
3M bra film is awesome
I got it on my Black VT and I'm a little disappointed. While the rest of the paint job looks terrific, the bra makes it look like orange peel. I'll just have to live with it.. No turning back now.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I got it on my Black VT and I'm a little disappointed. While the rest of the paint job looks terrific, the bra makes it look like orange peel. I'll just have to live with it.. No turning back now.
What would you use now that you have seen the 3M stuff? I mean, if you could turn back?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, got a quote. $650 to do 3M for hood cover, bumper, fenders and mirrors. How does that compare with others? I know that regionally prices will vary but like to over analyze before making the purchase.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ok, got a quote. $650 to do 3M for hood cover, bumper, fenders and mirrors. How does that compare with others? I know that regionally prices will vary but like to over analyze before making the purchase.

seems good
i paid 250 for hood and mirrors

·
Registered
340 Posts
No 3M protection desired, but I'll pay for it because I want the VT

I've owned numerous cars and not one had any protection, 3M or otherwise and never felt I needed it. It's something new that stealers (dealers) now can tack on some more $$.

ttwotees :cool2:

·
2,385 Posts
Yeah, idk, although my deductible is $500 already, haha! So if something needs to be repaired I guess I'll pay it when I need to or have to.

·
Registered
130 Posts
For this, the CDN deal would be around $650 from auto-links.ca

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
$230+tax for 3m covering door pillars, three handle pockets, top of rear bumper and below all three doors.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Well after carefully inspecting my car, I now have a nicked hood (just tiny tiny one), bumper has spotted nickeds all around but there kind of small, and my mirror has 1 too but kind of small barely noticeable unless your looking for it. I think I've decided to go with this paint job when the time comes. It would be done all around and my side skirts where it would add contrast would be solid black, maybe stock silver? What do you guys think? Of course I would then get it 3m bra all around haha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts