Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've given up on trying to diagnose my fueling issues and have decided to throw money at it haphazardly. I'm considering replacing just about everything including the upgraded stuff and the fuel tank, but I need some help sourcing parts. I'm unable to find a new fuel filter on either rockauto or the hyundai parts catalog, it looks like it's all part of the fuel pump assembly. Is there a standalone filter that can drop in? Thanks!

2014 Hyundai veloster turbo

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey all, I've given up on trying to diagnose my fueling issues and have decided to throw money at it haphazardly. I'm considering replacing just about everything including the upgraded stuff and the fuel tank, but I need some help sourcing parts. I'm unable to find a new fuel filter on either rockauto or the hyundai parts catalog, it looks like it's all part of the fuel pump assembly. Is there a standalone filter that can drop in? Thanks!

2014 Hyundai veloster turbo
Ask Albert Hwang on Facebook he would know and have a part number

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
754 Posts
Is there even a replacement fuel filter on the car?
The only one I'm aware of is the filter sock on the fuel pump. 🤔🤷

Adding an external filter between the low pressure fuel pump and high pressure fuel pump is a feasible option. 👍

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Handwriting Font Parallel Auto part Circle

Liquid Fluid Gas Auto part Fashion accessory

Part number 31112 if anyone needs to order one

Attachments

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,411 Posts
The fuel pump sock is the only filter in the system. I can confirm the part number later I have on the shelf when I get back from vacation.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fuel pump sock is the only filter in the system. I can confirm the part number later I have on the shelf when I get back from vacation.
Should be 31090A. I'm not sure what you mean. I've swapped the filter on my fuel pump assembly before (non-OEM filter though), and it's definitely a filter material.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,411 Posts
I did not say it was not a filter but just that I have one in stock and will confirm the part number. If you need it I'll gladly sell it to you once I get back.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Parts came in, sock and fuel filter are correct. New OEM filter has a port on to that is capped off, not sure what it is. Car is now running much smoother. Will need to take it on a long drive to test if it's solved my sudden loss of fuel pressure issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts