Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Radar Detectors but I have a few issues with them... First, if an officer pulls you over for speeding it just about guarantees you a ticket, in some states and countries they are illegal, and I hate having the wire dangle from the detector to the lighter port. Has anyone here ever built a detector into their dash in order to hide the detector or done anything to hide the wiring like snip the wire and run it directly into a fuse port and hide it within the dash or something?

·
Registered
618 Posts
As another option there is a Smart phone gps app (for free) called Waze. This is a gps that links all users so we report any hazards like construction or even road kill and also if police are ahead of you, visible or hidden. One drawback is not having anyone come through b4 you to actually make reports. It helps me on my regular commute since I know most police hideouts.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Awwww but it's so hard to not speed when posted limits are so slow

·
Registered
148 Posts
I second the Waze app. I love it!

As another option there is a Smart phone gps app (for free) called Waze. This is a gps that links all users so we report any hazards like construction or even road kill and also if police are ahead of you, visible or hidden. One drawback is not having anyone come through b4 you to actually make reports. It helps me on my regular commute since I know most police hideouts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts