Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you wont be able to use the struts they are too much for your hood! Order a factory prop rod.

1 CLIP - HOOD/T - LID 8117421010 $1.11
1 ROD ASSEMBLY - HOOD STAY 811702V000 $11.58

I got them at Jim Ellis Hyundai - JimEllisHyundaiParts.com

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the struts are rated for a 31 pound hood. if you try to close the carbon hood you could crack it in half at the strut pivot point. also there are no provisions to mount the struts to the hood without doing some drilling and whatnot to the under skeleton.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I thought that might have been what you meant. I wonder if we can find weaker struts that will fit. I definitely don't wanna go back to a prop rod

·
Registered
563 Posts
2014 problems lol

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the carbon hood was developed in 2012, so...

·
Vendor
1,995 Posts
You should be able to find universal replacements at O'Reilly or other various autoparts stores with less strength

I'd recommend hood pins for an aftermarket hood also, I'm not big on the way they look, but I've seen plenty of hoods fly open and smash windshields

Nick C.

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll be running aerocatch pins as soon as they come in.

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First post has the part numbers and site I got them from.

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no problem - search the part numbers online, there are better prices out there.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
276 Posts
I remember having a carbon fiber extractor hood and truck lid on my Z24 drag car.
I used hood pins of the old school variety, Sparco's to be exact, and continued to use a prop rod.
Trunk was different though. The hood was so light that when you hit the remote hood release you could literally catapult a small child to the stratosphere. 😂😂
You could actually see the strain the spring rods were putting on the trunk lid as it bowed a bit. 😳
I wound up ditching the spring rods for a metal prop rod for a bit more weight reduction. 👍

1 - 20 of 20 Posts