Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Realisticly, what is your interest in this solution?

• I'd like this, but with the option to buy a kit for one door at $20-30 shipped.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple members expressed interest in a solution I posted in the recent thread about noise in the driver's door.

I'm looking to see if anyone else on the forum is experiencing rattle/vibration in their door panels.

This solution will also help to reduce road noise and you should see a noticeable increase in bass response from your audio system.

This replacement kit would include:

A polyethelyne film with heat sealed flaps where slits are made for cables.

3M brand Thinsulate insulation heat sealed to the polyethelyne liner.

Pre-applied rope butyl to the liner for quick installation to the door panel.

Foam rubber adhesive strips to run along the inner edge of the door panel.

Various foam rubber adhesive pads to be placed in trouble spots inside the door panel.

Detailed installation instructions for removal of door panel and placement of each included component.

See below for examples:

IMAG3950.jpg

IMAG3952.jpg

IMAG3954.jpg

IMAG3947.jpg

There will be die cut slits for the cables that will need to be run through the door hole seal.
Also, there will be die cut holes for the locations where the panel is screwed into the the door.

This will provide you with results near what you would find with using Dynamat or a similar product.

For anyone who is interested, please either comment with feedback and/or
select a poll option which best fits what you would expect a kit like this to cost.

If there is enough realistic interest in these kits,
I will begin offering and producing them beginning this week.

*pictures are of prototypes for my own personal use, production kits will have cleaner edges and better fitment*

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Gkaizer.

I work in the automotive manufacturing industry and these are usually made for Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. to the cheapest possible tolerance.

I am offering a much higher quality solution that will make a noticeable difference to your in-cabin ride quality.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would like to see a fix for this as both front doors on my 14 VT have rattles that I haven't been able to isolate on my own. I've found the points where I can push on the door panels to make the sound stop but coming up with a permanent solution hasn't happened yet.

How hard are the door panels to remove?

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autox7, the doors are fairly easy to remove if you even just a bit of confidence in doing so.
I would include step by step directions showing all the correct prying locations.

Guardiannite, I haven't pulled everything in the interior apart to have a template for other areas in the vehicle.
Just redoing the doors was plenty of an improvement for me.
I could at least save you some dollars on those.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realize now, I should also clarify that pricing would be for the lower 48.

Any international shipping would be a higher cost for the kit.

·
Registered
563 Posts
How much for doors and whole car? I'm about to buy sound deadener to do my whole car. But if I can a few bucks I will
^+1

FRAv, notice the noise coming through the doors any quieter? After installing upper and lower TTR mounts and 3" full exhaust, do want some vibration and noise dampening for the whole car. Was going to go with RAAMmat + ensolite. how would you compare yours vs RAAMmat + ensolite combo?

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
vicng, the noise in the doors is reduced greatly for me.

I was getting obnoxious rattles in the armrest and near the speaker grille.
Those are now non-existent.

Before installing these the bass from my door speakers sounded hollow,
now I get a much tighter punch and lower frequency response.

Road noise will drop considerably as well, to the point where it sounds more like you are riding in a heavy sedan.

I have not done any work on any part of the vehicle other than the doors because I haven't felt the need to.
However, I do not have aftermarket exhaust but I could see the need to deaden the floor if you had one.

I've not used RAAMmat or ensolite so I can't give you a comparison.
All I know is this brought my in-cabin noise to a level that satisfied me.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, it looks as though there is enough interest here to get a FOR SALE thread going.

All of you who showed interest, keep your eyes peeled over the next day or two.

·
Registered
563 Posts
how much weight do you estimate doing the 3 doors would add?

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Polyethylene material I will be using is an exclusive foam layered sheet.

This allows for a lower sheet weight and better acoustic properties.

Thinsulate is generally very light.

Taking into account the foam rubber in the door panel,

I would estimate maybe 5lbs total difference.
That is pure speculation for now.

Once I get a full kit together I can have it weighed out and see for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts