Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing lots of info about the incoming VT2 (sounds better than gen2 VT) floating about. How about a VT2 section? Consolidate info and get excitement around it going early.

·
Administrator
194 Posts
That could be something to consider. If we could get the community to chime in here with feedback on this to get numbers in favor for this, we could then bring it to the mods and see if they'll agree to this.

Thank you for your suggestion and good luck! :)

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Super Moderator
3,204 Posts
yes

·
Registered
872 Posts
it's going to happen sooner or later anyway... so why not just make it happen sooner? Get in front of everything

·
Administrator
194 Posts
Hey guys,

I have sent your suggestion to the mods, we will have to see what they have to say.

Thank you so much,

~ Glenda

·
Administrator
194 Posts
It's being discussed but so far favorable. We just need to be sure that everyone is on board with it before we go ahead.

Thank you for your patience on this.

Cheers,
Natalie :)

·
Administrator
194 Posts
Also remove the Elantra and Ford Focus RS from the homepage. :)
Those items on the homepage are articles posted to the site from Autoguide. Is this a large issue for the members here that non-veloster content is being posted?

- JB

·
Registered
872 Posts
I will say this... when a link is embedded outside of this site to direct folks to this site, the picture that pops up is of a Hyundai Elantra. It seems very disjointed that when I link to have folks from around the internet come here, the imbedded photo is not of a Veloster.

Am I losing sleep over it? No.... but it seems tackey at the least

Reactions: E9C900A

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Those items on the homepage are articles posted to the site from Autoguide. Is this a large issue for the members here that non-veloster content is being posted?

- JB
It doesn't bother me. I only link to the forum anyways since that's why I'm here. Get rid of the home page for all I care.

·
Administrator
194 Posts
Hey,

Can you posted a screenshot of the link so I can pass it onto our tech to get corrected.

Thanks,
Niall

·
Administrator
194 Posts
Tell your tech to check the OG tags associated with the hyperlink.

Could you copy and paste the URL of the actual article you screenshotted here? And what section did this appear on? Also, what device/browser are you using?

Thanks,
Natalie

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Do you need me to admin your site for you? I will, for a competitive rate.

Here is the problem. When someone sends velosterturbo.org via Instagram or Facebook messaging where it does a lookup, it refers to the picture from this thread:

Instead, it should be referring to the picture from the site's front page:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Both sites utilize OG (Open Graph) META Tags. Pretty much they archive the first graphic image on the page and that gets included on the link, if there is not a tag already provided.

Should look like this when coded...

<!-- Open Graph data -->
<meta property="og:title" content="Title Here" />
<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.example.com/" /> This section is where the link is used "VelosterTurbo_Org"
<meta property="og:image" content="http://example.com/image.jpg" /> This section is where the admin needs to add a picture of a veloster, "VelosterPicture.JPG"
<meta property="og:description" content="Description Here" />

·
Registered
237 Posts
The information is probably archived at this point. Unless they update the OG Tags, it will look that way for another week or so. Depending if the information is archived for super long periods of time.

Thank you for helping Jeff. It's nice to see admins listen to some of the community's toughest critics :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts