Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2016 VT-MT two weeks ago, and I love it. It's a unique hatch with plenty of untapped potential, upon getting the VT I began thinking "How long before I get the itch to tastefully modify it?" well apparently two weeks, unfamiliar with the VT community I googled "Veloster Forums" and found VT.org and Veloster.org .
The other day I ordered a K&N Typhoon intake from Z1 Motorsports, installed it today and opening her up made a suprising difference! just rolling with the gears, in 2nd at 15-1800rpm you can hear the intake just whistling away even stronger at 70mph-6G @2600rpm.
(Photos included below)

Overall throughout the time I have my 2016 Veloster Turbo-MT, I for one wanna enjoy the heck out of it. All while gradually and tastefully modifying and improving the VT, because there is some serious potential with this hatch.

I want a clean hatch, with some accents and what not but groomed and modest, yet in performance everything will have a funtional purpose and it'll speak for itself. (I'm not all about putting on additional parts that won't benefit the car)
K&N C.A.I. , Turbo DP most likely catted (yet to decide on brand), ECU Flash (Either 6th Element or BTR), Springs, Wheels and Tires (May be TE37's), and at the moment I don't know what else may be a FMIC kit and a turbo upgrade.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man!

I've been sorting through companies and I've been told a few times now to go with SXTH. They posted a thread the other day wanting to gather 5+ plus for the day to DCT and dyno a few VT's, I'd like to jump in on it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Email SXTH and realize how much he cares about doing what is best for you and your car. Your intake may hold you back a little but a tune will still be a huge benefit. Go hang out and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Its just nature of the beast with the type of engine we have.... lots of gunk out of the PCV side that does not need to be recirculated and should be removed... also mods or no mods catch cans should be done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts