Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So I'm pretty new to the car scene, but I wanted to get my car a little bit more bite. I was looking through some postings for exhausts for the VT (2014 if it matters), and was trying to decipher some of the confusion I got.

I'm searching for an exhaust (preferably on the cheaper(ish) side), that gave the car an aggressive sound, the louder the better. I was seeing that the MBRP exhaust was a good choice for a loud one, but may have some fitment issues? Also, I wasn't sure, is there any issue with using a cat-less exhaust without any other mods to the car?
Any suggestions? Aiming for under 1000, preferably by a chunk if possible, but if the quality and sound are worth it, I can stretch...

Suggestions and help please!

·
Registered
377 Posts
The Greddy will not be as loud as the MBRP. With poly hangers, professional adjustment, and some heat wrap it will be fine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
How is the Greddy down low, first gear low/moderate throttle? Is it neighbor waking loud or is that only on the top end. I'm dying to pick up a full exhaust for the car but it's really hard to judge the exhausts through YouTube alone, and I literally see one veloster (usually NA) around every couple of days, don't get to hear them and ask.

·
Registered
160 Posts
And since I can't edit my post, any clearance issues with a pierce swaybar and a 1 inch lowered car?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks, didn't notice till the last second it's listed in your mod list. Might have to scoop this up on socal's tax sale.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Loud and cheap? Disconnect the exhaust at the bottom of the down-pipe. Done and free.
Reports of danger from breathing exhaust fumes are largely unsubstantiated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just go fast, it blows the carbon dioxide....monoxide...whatever that stuff is away.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have MBRP Pro Series and be warned there are fitment issues where the exhaust hits the rear passenger side shock. I had to take mine to a custom exhaust shop to have them cut out the section and weld a new section to avoid destroying the shock.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had a local shop "custom build" mine. Basically replaced from(and including) the second cat all the way back. No muffler/res etc. 2.5 mandrel bend set up. It is LOUD. and I love every second of it. Cost me a total of $210.00.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I went with the CNT set is has a great sound it make some Mustang owners look twice, makes the Honda ricer stare ,but it not to load on cold start since I live in an apartment complex, (I park right in front of my building but the V8 Mustang with the custom exhaust has to park 3 building way from his unit.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I personally love the sound of the Borla Exhaust however it's pricy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Selling my Magnaflow system in the for sale section. Waaaaay cheaper than brand new, with all the performance, looks, and sound to boot!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Had an MBRP. It's hands down the loudest exhaust option as it has the least muffeling of any catback. The "muffler" is little more then a VERY light duty resonator. It drones like a SOB too but it sounds great and is cheap.

It's crappy fitment and noise was a deal breaker for me. I ended up just welding a cut out on the stock exhaust and short of performance gains of 2" to 2.5" I get the best of both worlds for less than the cost of a catback.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts