Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about every turbo coming in to the LA area is pre-sold, so test driving is going to be functionally impossible. But I may still consider getting a VT anyway. It looks like a bunch of you are paying at or just above MSRP while nothing on any lot within 50mi of me is going for any less than a $2k premium. My question is: if I were to order from the manufacturer tomorrow, should I expect to pay more than MSRP? Is a dealer allowed by hyundai to overcharge on a custom order? And for that matter, how long should I expect to wait?

This would be my first new car purchase, so I'm totally new to the game.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just about every turbo coming in to the LA area is pre-sold, so test driving is going to be functionally impossible. But I may still consider getting a VT anyway. It looks like a bunch of you are paying at or just above MSRP while nothing on any lot within 50mi of me is going for any less than a $2k premium. My question is: if I were to order from the manufacturer tomorrow, should I expect to pay more than MSRP? Is a dealer allowed by hyundai to overcharge on a custom order? And for that matter, how long should I expect to wait?

This would be my first new car purchase, so I'm totally new to the game.
I don't think you can order any here in the U.S. Have you checked Chuck's list? I would not pay over MSRP, even if it meant not buying a VT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't, but if it's the google doc that I saw floating around, it's a couple days out of date anyway. Besides, I've called every dealership within 25mi or so and they're all completely presold. I'm not even using hyperbole. And I agree about not paying over MSRP, if only because for as much money as the locals are asking, I can get a loaded GTI. There's a reason I'm looking at the VT as a really attractive option, and it's definitely not the straight rear axle :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I haven't, but if it's the google doc that I saw floating around, it's a couple days out of date anyway. Besides, I've called every dealership within 25mi or so and they're all completely presold. I'm not even using hyperbole. And I agree about not paying over MSRP, if only because for as much money as the locals are asking, I can get a loaded GTI. There's a reason I'm looking at the VT as a really attractive option, and it's definitely not the straight rear axle :)
Yes that is Chuck's List. You can see it also at Veloster.org. A few guys have bought their VT at my local dealer and had them ship to their house for less than 1K. Maybe it's time to take a trip and buy your car in another state. It will be a great drive back home.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, that's crazy. So anyway, out of the blue I got a call that my local dealer in LA had an ultimate in stock, do I want to test drive it? I knew they were asking over MSRP, but I figured I need to test drive one to make an informed decision either way, and maybe I can haggle down a little. Test drove it - it's fun, meets my needs very well, but they were asking 28k. Which is OUT for me. Unfortunately, they didn't even consider haggling on the price. They went straight to financing options, and when numbers like $500/mo and 84 months came out, it was clear that they weren't really trying. Bummer, would have been a good car.

I'm going to buy a 328i in a couple days instead. Better color, anyway :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you drive down to Riverside/San Diego area, more and more dealers are getting their hands on VT's and are not marking up at all. I picked mine up from Escondido (Heller Hyundai) the other day and they had 0% for 72 months which applied to my Turbo!! I would definitely recommend waiting for the VT over the regular Veloster. Be persistent and give your name to every dealer spanning 100 miles. You'll get a call...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts