Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have heard a rumor that putting on a BOV will blow up our turbos? True? I want to put Go Fast Bits BOV

Does anyone have this on their veloster? if so comments or any feedback! 1612725537308.png

·
Registered
2013 VT
84 Posts
lol, putting on a BOV will not 'blow up our turbos', not sure who told you that. Many different options out there, many different styles/flanges. Depends on if you're looking at a front mount intercooler later on down the road. I personally use the GFB valve with my FMIC and it's great. Ran the Turbosmart Kompact for years before that and loved it too

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, putting on a BOV will not 'blow up our turbos', not sure who told you that. Many different options out there, many different styles/flanges. Depends on if you're looking at a front mount intercooler later on down the road. I personally use the GFB valve with my FMIC and it's great. Ran the Turbosmart Kompact for years before that and loved it too
Guy who told me said he had”looked on our forums and owns a civic SI” so was just wondering...apparently they can’t run a BOV cause it’s ECU controlled...

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,439 Posts
Do some research here and in FB groups for a ton of information. Actually search and read first as most things will be answered already. Then post for any questions or to see if the info you found is true or not lol! Much misinformation out there from people and even from vendors. Can be tough for the avg Joe to sort through.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do some research here and in FB groups for a ton of information. Actually search and read first as most things will be answered already. Then post for any questions or to see if the info you found is true or not lol! Much misinformation out there from people and even from vendors. Can be tough for the avg Joe to sort through.
that’s why I asked LOL...sifting through answers is no fun!

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,439 Posts
Actually good to sift through as you'll learn more that way. Learn things related and unrelated to the part in question and the platform in general. Will also begin to learn who in this new forum you can trust that knows their stuff.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have that BOV, turbo is fine ;)

It lets you recirculate or vent to atmosphere or a mixture of both. I hooked up the recirculation system in today and now I can choose how loud to be.

The BOV has support for ECU control which ours have.

Our cars use a manifold ultimate pressure sensor so venting to atmosphere is safe too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out my video on youtube!

I have the gfb bov it has been a year and its amazing no issues what so ever!

And btw on second video I have a cut off exhaust its cheaper than buying a cat back and makes the same amount of noise. I had catback before but on long drives it was getting annoying and getting pulled over all the time so with the flip of a switch it is super loud or back to oem. Cops get confused when i turn it off and they u turn to try and pull me over 🤣🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts