Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really, kinda lol. Just wanted to share my excitement! I just ordered front & rear bumpers, new badges, and new grill! I’m gonna do a “sleeper” NAV conversion! Not to be a sleeper but because I’ve started to like the less aggressive and more classy look of the NAVs... Also, they have way cooler add-ons and I have a vision!!! I won’t be posting pictures right away, in fact pictures probably won’t be posted for a very long time, until I have her modded how I want! But I wanted to share nonetheless!

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
527 Posts
Well, not really, kinda lol. Just wanted to share my excitement! I just ordered front & rear bumpers, new badges, and new grill! I’m gonna do a “sleeper” NAV conversion! Not to be a sleeper but because I’ve started to like the less aggressive and more classy look of the NAVs... Also, they have way cooler add-ons and I have a vision!!! I won’t be posting pictures right away, in fact pictures probably won’t be posted for a very long time, until I have her modded how I want! But I wanted to share nonetheless!
Don't hide your work but let that vision be know to others to see what you're doing and post a build thread.
With the build thread you can show progress of your work and even inspire others while seeing your dream come to reality.

Keep in mind the changes to some of the structural support that will need to be changed but it's quite feasible to be done.
Goos luck. 👍

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't hide your work but let that vision be know to others to see what you're doing and post a build thread.
With the build thread you can show progress of your work and even inspire others while seeing your dream come to reality.

Keep in mind the changes to some of the structural support that will need to be changed but it's quite feasible to be done.
Goos luck. 👍
The only thing that I see that may be an issue is the rear... We’ll find out! 😂🙄😳

Reactions: misnblu

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But there will be pictures along the way, of course. They’ll just more than likely get dumped all at once into a finalized build thread!

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
Others have done this already but can't wait to see what yours looks like. The NAV is more aerodynamic as well just FYI. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something I was noticing.. I have the parking assist sensors. I did buy the appropriate bumper, that’s not my concern, more so that currently two are in the painted white areas and two are in the lower black area. NAVs sensors are all in the painted areas, this means that my two center ones will stick out like sore thumbs since they’ll just be black dots against white.. How can I correct this issue? Are they just painted? If they are I’m not sure how they detect things...

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
527 Posts
Something I was noticing.. I have the parking assist sensors. I did buy the appropriate bumper, that’s not my concern, more so that currently two are in the painted white areas and two are in the lower black area. NAVs sensors are all in the painted areas, this means that my two center ones will stick out like sore thumbs since they’ll just be black dots against white.. How can I correct this issue? Are they just painted? If they are I’m not sure how they detect things...
They're painted and use a radar type signal to determine distance from other objects like cars etc.
Radar can see through paint so you should. E able to paint them white with no issues. 👍

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts