Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going this weekend to see about picking up a fully loaded 2013 VT M6 with 60K miles. Anything I need to look into specifically with these cars?

TIA

·
Registered
377 Posts
Speaking from experience, the 13's are very finicky. If it wasn't maintained properly you could be in for a headache down the road. Look into threads on LSPI, oil choices, etc. 13's like to go boom...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is it a CPO vehicle? If not, then the warranty goes to 60k when you are the second owner. If it is CPO then it is 100k, so long as you don't modify.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I would hold out for a 2014 or newer. If you plan on modding it I would make sure you do your research on the issues that plagued the 2013 year. Make sure that the TSBs have been completed, the sparkplugs were upgraded and the ECU updated. If that stuff wasn't done, either get it for cheap, make the seller/dealer do it or move on to a later year.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Agreed.. hold out for a later generation, the 2013's have weaker internals and you have a much higher risk of issues unfortunately.

·
Registered
694 Posts
You're in East Texas? Which part?
Where is the car at? Dealer? Private sale?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car is actually down around Houston. After doing some more research I've decided to not go with the 13. Found a '14 with 29k miles. Not a turbo but that's not really a necessity at this point for me.. Reliability is the number one thing followed by price.

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
I had a NAV before i got the VT.... they are reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll slow.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Don't buy a V unless it's turbo bro. You'll regret it hardcore. I'm 25 and have had 9 new cars and 3 bikes already, do not settle for less or it'll cost you a shit load more in the end.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's fairly tough to find a turbo in my price range unfortunately. I could make the 2013 work with the warranty offered by the dealership. A 2014 turbo would put it outside my price range.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just wouldn't want anyone to buy something that they don't enjoy driving. If you know for a fact you won't mind driving the NA version, do it. If you think you'll want to get more power sooner than later, think carefully! I know 14-15 turbos in my area are cheap here in AZ. Check out of state!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
What's your price range if you don't mind sharing? Maybe someone here from TX can help you source a VT in your range. Most guys and gals on this forum are pretty nice when it comes to helping each other out with suggestions and advice (unless you ask a Googleable question)

My brother's fiancee has a 2012 NAV she bought brand new and after driving around in my VT, she dislikes her slow car hahaha I drove it too, it's a laughable difference in fun factor.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Buy one from Florida (or some other cheap state) and go pick it up. My co-worker bought his 1M from FL and saved like 5 grand for the exact same thing here in MD. If I'm not mistaken, cars in the southwest tend to hold their value longer because there's little wet weather.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I say avoid 2013/2014 models since there's been some 2014s that have blown to shit like the 2013 as well. Stay with 2015+, otherwise if you can get a nice warranty to go with the affordable 2013 go with the 2013. There's plenty of us here that are still with our 2013s that have been problem free since new, stock and modified.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my 2013 VT 3 weeks ago ..... with a nice price rage of $12999 from a Subaru dealer 36000 miles on it .... hopefully it does good to replace my 2004 tiburon

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the '13. I was too good of a deal and got a warranty with it in case anything goes wrong.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts