Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
Not bad. Make sure you have the cylinders borescoped to see how much carbon is deposited. That is something which ideally should be done before buying a used VT, along with getting the full service and TSB/recall/repair history.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not bad. Make sure you have the cylinders borescoped to see how much carbon is deposited. That is something which ideally should be done before buying a used VT, along with getting the full service and TSB/recall/repair history.
Was planning on using the Cerma engine/turbo treatment to help clean things up. You know how much it typically costs to have the cylinders inspected?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Congrats on the car. In addition to the cylinder inspection, make sure you get some good oil in there, put heat range 7 plugs in, run 91 octane or higher, get some oil catch cans and if possible have the ECU reflashed at the dealership if that hasn't been done.
Thanks for the input. I've been filling her up with 92 since I got her. Got my OCC in this week, just need to pick up some fuel line. Only question is about reflashing the ecu. What's the purpose of that?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Congrats on the car. In addition to the cylinder inspection, make sure you get some good oil in there, put heat range 7 plugs in, run 91 octane or higher, get some oil catch cans and if possible have the ECU reflashed at the dealership if that hasn't been done.
And one last thing... On the Plugs NGK 93411 gapped to 0.028?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
And one last thing... On the Plugs NGK 93411 gapped to 0.028?
NGK 1422s are what I've used but there are others out there that are good enough too. Biggest thing is making sure they are heat range 8.
7 or 8? You first replied with 7 and then the second reply was 8. Just wanna make sure I get the right ones. I'm stock no tune.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hmm, maybe I should change my plugs. I've never done it on my 13.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts