Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little relay and wired it in (it had connectors matching the existing ones.

Then wired up the lock sense:

Now it's folding with lock/unlock and ignition.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So, if these fold when you lock the car, wouldn't they fold as you're diving and the doors lock? This seems like it would be a hazard?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
527 Posts
Got a little relay and wired it in (it had connectors matching the existing ones.

Then wired up the lock sense:

Now it's folding with lock/unlock and ignition.

Very nice work but those t-taps need to go and proper wiring methods are necessary for the longevity of the connections.

I gotta say though that this is brilliant work and such a flex when you lock the car. 😍🤟
Nice work. 👍

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'll brake out the soldering iron when we get a good weekend of weather and get it out in permanently.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What year is yours? I'd like to do something similar but my '13 doesn't have motorized mirrors unless I've completely missed something.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
he's in the UK probably ordered them from korea?

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is really cool, but being as I live in a rural area that tends to have larger parking spaces and not parking spaces that are a hair wider than a mail slot, I would do this only for the cool factor. Next step is new rims and tires for us in case anyone is interested in stock 18" rims.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm assuming this mod works with power folding mirrors. I'm rebuilding a 2016 VT. Are power folding mirrors only available in the tech package?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
I think only available in Korea. Albert Hwang on FB can most likely get them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uk and south korea got the folding wing mirrors with motor. I believe there is a us reseller selling aftermarket ones?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts