Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used 2013 VT that has the Eibach 1.5" lowering done and has the stock rims and tires. My son want to add some new rims and has been saving for a while to purchase. It has Nitto 215/40R18 89 currently. I want to help him make a good decision but I had a stroke a few years ago and its hard for me to figure out lots of numbers like how to decide offset and poke and stuff like that. I know we don't have any rubbing issues currently, so I don't mind going with the exact same size as stock. thanks in advance

He likes these:
KONIG® - MYTH Gloss Black with Blue Tinted Clear Coat (18" x 8", +43 Offset, 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern, 73.1mm Hub)

·
Registered
52 Posts
If it is lowered that much not rubbing, that’s great. My VT is lowered 1” and we have 245/40R18 on 8.5” wide wheels with +30 offset and get a slight rub on the front tires, was enough to shave some rubber of the shoulder of the tire first full-compression bump we hit. Tires don’t rub at all at the road course track and we are very happy with the fitment overall.
I previously ran Michelin pilot sport A/S3s and they we great improvement over stock. My last two sets of tires have been Continental Sure Contact and I find them greatly improved over the A/S3s. Our VT still spends 90% of its time on the street.
A good tire shop will do test fitment for you and can help you figure out which is the best fit based on your/his driving and what he wants for the car. I suggest have your choices narrowed down to 2-3 sizes at most if you’re uncertain, and make arrangements to bring the car in on off-peak hours so they take their time helping you.
When i lived on the west coast, i used Big-O tire, and now that I’m in Louisiana, i use their affiliate NTB. I continue to receive excellent service and competitive pricing across a range of brands, and, will be going to my local shop again in March to order some track tires for track days.
Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Based off of other wheel fits on eibach springs- 18x8 with no bigger than 225 tires should be good. 235 might be pushing it, but I've seen it done. His chose of those Konigs should be good. Best of luck!

·
Super Moderator
1,966 Posts
A 235/40/18 tire is fine on an 8” wide wheel with a 43mm offset; the increase in height will slightly compensate for the speedometer error (reads higher than actual speed).

A 245/40/18 would be even better but will likely rub with that offset on Eibach Pros.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Was gonna say same as RyGuy but it does not matter for the question asked so I refrained.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts