Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealer this past Saturday and decided to pull the trigger.

Century white, VT manual, only one package available in Canada aka the works!

Got an email from dealer today, saying my car came in and that I could pick it up on Thursday night. Rustproofing, Diamond coating, and Leather treatment getting done.

SWEET!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hyundai veloster Coupé

·
Registered
194 Posts
I hope you didnt pay for all those extras.... Its a dealer scam!! this is from a report on MSN;

Here are eight of the most common dealer options and how to avoid them.

Rust-Proofing: Some dealers charge up to $800 for this service, which sometimes amounts to no more than spraying a coating from an aerosol can in the wheel wells. But most vehicles these days come with warranties that cover rust damage for several years. If the dealership tells you it’s already been applied to the car without your consent, refuse to pay for it.

Fabric Protection: For a couple of hundred dollars, some dealers will try to sell you fabric protection for your car’s interior that will repel stains. You know it as Scotchgard. So instead buy several cans and spray it on the seats and carpet yourself. You’ll save some dough and buy some peace of mind the next time you spill coffee in your car.

Paint Sealant: This is another instance where the dealership hopes the car buyer will be gullible enough to believe that it’s using some special technique and material that’ll keep your car’s paint looking factory fresh, when it’s typically the same products found at any auto parts store. The best way to preserve your car’s finish is to wash and wax it regularly. Better yet, take the money you’d pay the dealer to “seal” your paint and instead spend it on the occasional professional detailing.

Heres the link Dealer Options to Avoid - MSN Autos

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Never do those. I used to work at a Toyota dealership as a lot guy before coming here. Complete waste of money.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats on the car! I went to the dealer today and gave my down payment. I'll most likely get it tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts