Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ddmtuning.com

They have kits for $35. $5 off each kit if you order 2 or more.
They work great too, a friend of mine with an Evo got them.

This is about as cheap as they come.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm currently using DDM kit, I wouldn't recommend them. You get what you pay for. I have their 6000k 35W kit recently for my VT and its nice and bright but no visibility at night. DDM had better somewhat quality before and its been going down hill recently. I got a kit from them 2 years ago and currently still using them for a different car and its great but the kits now are like crap. I once a while get flickering issues even with their relay harness and the ballast gets very hot. My friend got a kit from them and received a bad ballast and had to ship it back them for a exchange (they don't reimburse your shipping fee). You should check out this thread http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/veloster-appearance/683-post-you-hid-pic.html

I recommend Diode Dynamics which carry H11B kit and better quality or Morimoto which is top notch quality + a bit pricey. Morimoto carry H11 kit but their kit uses pins (which they have it as H11N) to plug into the stock socket which works for H11B.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
I've always used DDM and have nothing but good things to say..

The problem with the brightness on this car seems to be the projectors and the aiming themselves and not the bulbs.

I can say that the ballasts are not QUITE as nice looking as they used to be but everything seems to be functioning plenty fine.

I have had DDM kits since 2007 and not a single issue related to their bulbs, ballasts or harnesses..

They do NOT however, carry the H11b which makes the install slightly inconvenient but not hard at all.

·
Registered
340 Posts

The problem with the brightness on this car seems to be the projectors and the aiming themselves and not the bulbs.

I can say that the ballasts are not QUITE as nice looking as they used to be but everything seems to be functioning plenty fine.

I have had DDM kits since 2007 and not a single issue related to their bulbs, ballasts or harnesses..

They do NOT however, carry the H11b which makes the install slightly inconvenient but not hard at all.
hey socks do you have any pics of your hid setup

·
Registered
90 Posts

Turbosocks, I just swapped my DDM kit to a Morimoto kit and for me its actually the bulb/brand issue. The comparison is like night and day, the Morimoto kit output and range is very good. Its hard to tell by pic comparison to in person but I did post some pic in http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/veloster-appearance/683-post-you-hid-pic.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts