Veloster Turbo Forum banner

421 - 440 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Harp55 the facility is 100 mile drive. And yes would need Greddy to contact FedEx to allow me to leave signature or to change to my work address
Not sure about you, but id drive 100 miles for car parts. You can also have them hold it at a fedex store. Just call 1 (800) 463-3339 and explain your situation.

·
Super Moderator
3,369 Posts
Well, it looks like someone else is going to be getting a nice exhaust with no wait time soon!
would be me if i wasn't buying a house. lol

Not sure about you, but id drive 100 miles for car parts. You can also have them hold it at a fedex store. Just call 1 (800) 463-3339 and explain your situation.
yep. driven hundreds round trip for hoods, entire front ends, engines... some of us just have the drive. shit i just did 200 round last saturday to save $150 on mounting and balancing my new star specs.

Reactions: jared

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Latest update to receiving my exhaust:

I've been sick and felt like crap today so I stayed home hoping that I would receive my exhaust. Fedex again doesn't deliver, now showing expected delivery for thursday after having to call and complain multiple times. They list that on the Saturday and Tuesday attempt that a delivery notification was left and none were left. Greddy after multiple calls offered to finally even help after stonewalling me before saying that all they would do is let me pay before to ship it out again when what I was asking is if they could send it to my work location. I will update this more depending on their response but I'm not willing to agree to their terms currently.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Latest update to receiving my exhaust:

I've been sick and felt like crap today so I stayed home hoping that I would receive my exhaust. Fedex again doesn't deliver, now showing expected delivery for thursday after having to call and complain multiple times. They list that on the Saturday and Tuesday attempt that a delivery notification was left and none were left. Greddy after multiple calls offered to finally even help after stonewalling me before saying that all they would do is let me pay before to ship it out again when what I was asking is if they could send it to my work location. I will update this more depending on their response but I'm not willing to agree to their terms currently.
Are you sure the delivery address is correct? 2 different claimed notifications and you say there were none seems odd, like maybe they are going to the wrong place.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I've called greddy multiple times and fedex multiple times and both verify that the address I give is correct. On a side note an address across the bayou a ways off had them leave me pills on my porch too. Fedex is such a shit show down here if not business.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Finally a compromise:

Greddy is going to do a change of shipment to my work of address due to the requirement of signature of person. The terms I did not agree to were dropped and things should work out where I receive the shipment Friday. Fedex whenever I get called back from their trace will be held to document that I did not receive any delivery attempt notifications which will be the 4th time I've contacted them and again bring up the saturday delivery attempt that 4 of us were available at location for 17 minutes beyond their alleged delivery attempt.

Will update later

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Glad it worked out.... its a gorgeous exhaust.... shame if you didnt get it due to FedEx being douchy...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Yeah, hoping to see it today or tomorrow. Just worried a little about the pierce 6 point brace bumping against it like the stock exhaust resonator.

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
The res on the Greddy it round and smaller than the stock... i dont have the brace to tell you its good or not...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've actually had FedEx blow me off on a friday. Sitting at work waiting for the delivery watching the tracking, "Delivery Attempted No one at address" I promptly called fedex and explained that they had marked a delivery attempt yet no fedex truck had ever been in sight, the driver got reprimanded and I was able to pick it up before next sort at the fedex terminal.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
FFS FedEx after getting delivery changed to my work left it on my porch with no signature...

Still didn't pick up random persons pills though that I called in
Dang Fedex sucks in your area... :disappointed:

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Ok, so after receiving the exhaust, the box was half destroyed and retaped. Luckily everything was wrapped with bubble/foam and did not cause damage (still half as much wrap as pierce). Removing the old exhaust was complicated by the rear sway bar and the tow hitch. I ended up being lazy and sawzalled off the mid mount and the muffler and pipes. Install required me to half drop the tow hitch since it didn't have enough clearance for the tips. The front gasket seemed odd sizing to the tork downpipe so just reused it and haven't heard any leaks yet (will test later).

All in all not a bad install, installed the heavier hangers (one tore since i used it to keep the stock exhaust from rattling constantly and they don't like being removed). They also don't include a hanger for the downpipe with the hangar kit so may buy another set to replace the torn and the downpipes.

Fit and finish it great. The exhaust doesn't not interfere at all with the 6 point brace since the resonator mounts far enough back and no issues with the clearance of the pierce rear sway or the tow hitch. The sound has a deep rumble at initial take off but nothing excessive. Driving normally is not even noticeable and when you get on the gas there is a little noise but nothing to make the neighbors mad. With the catted tork downpipe and the need to not piss the neighbors off it is exactly what I was looking for.

Now the fedex shipping was a nightmare, I wish things could have been looked at sooner but holy shit show fedex. I'm lucky that my honest neighbor was home, signed, then stuck it on my porch for me. Also if anyone needs pills they're still sitting on my porch for them to pick up and take to the lady a ways off that needs them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This was quite an entertaining thread. Sorry some of you went thru so much BS. I've been doing some reading & comparisons at the track events, to see what kind of exhaust to go with. As I definitely did not want that resonating sound or be heard 4 blocks away. I knew it would never sound like a nice BMW, but I did want throaty moderate tone. This is perfect! I had been thinking magnaflow. I sent contact off tonight to see if they will still honor sale price. Hopefully they have back filled their production & will have inventory. Will update soon. Thanks.

421 - 440 of 449 Posts