Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just got my '13 Veloster Turbo and I'm glad to be joining this community. I traded in my '02 330i & my '00 Dodge Ram to get her. I was commuting from Colerain to Oxford for school then back down to Cincinnati for work 5 days a week in that truck since my Beemer was out of commission with some engine trouble. It was killing me in gas and the driving experience was snore inducing to say the least. So I found the VT at a local Jeep dealer users and in good shape so I picked her up, traded in all of our cars and got my wife a new Jeep while we were at it. I call her Stacey. She's Ironman Silver with the 6 speed manual. IMG_20161023_173439.jpg

Planned mods are still up in the air as of now. I got the extended warranty (10 total years & 100,000 miles) from the dealer I got her from so I would like to keep that intact. So I need to talk to my local Hyundai dealer and see what my options are. I've seen some "good guy" dealers in stories on this forum so hopefully they'll work with me. If anyone has any experience with Superior Hyundai North, let me know. That's who I'll be dealing with.

But if time/money/warranty permit, I'd like to add a coil over package first and foremost. Then for some appearance mods I'd like to change out the grill and change the color of the front & side splitters, and mirrors. Engine mods, again if permitted, will hopefully soon follow.

Again, any advice as always is appreciated and thanks for reading/looking. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you soon.

IMG_20161023_174102.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,343 Posts
Congrats... first mod should be catch cans... scope the cylinders and change the oil to PUP or other high quality oil.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi and welcome TheSteve3!

2nd and 3rd mods should be rigid collars and struct brace :) As rspec2014 mentioned, good oil is a must on these cars and change frequently (3500 miles). Please don't use the dealer supplied oil. The '13's have a tendency to not like it or other low quality oils. I personally use Motul 5w-40 and haven't had any problems on my '13 and I don't use a catch can (as it could in theory void the warranty). I would check and confirm that recall about the fuel line was completed on your car as well, probably was, but check.

Keep an eye out in the local forums, we do a huge Southwest Ohio meet in the spring time in Dayton, typically in June.

I got my VT at Columbia Hyundai off of 275 but I don't service there. Only experience with Superior North was test driving a Genesis Coupe 2.0T RSpec there but ended buying a 3.8 RSpec in Dayton.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Having drove down to Cincinnati from Baltimore recently I can't see how any vehicle except a redbull truck wouldn't induce sleep. Except for the stretch where there were speed bumps ever 100yards for 20 miles between Columbus and Cincinnati... that kept my coilover'd butt puckered.

Do absolutely take the advice of the others and take care of th e preventative mods asap. You may want to check and see if they fuel line TSB has been completed and many see if the ECU has been updated by a dealer.

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the ideas folks! I'll use them wisely. Nothing new yet, but i'm looking to get a catch can and change some colors first to make her my own. I'll try to continue to update as changes come.

Any recommendations for catch cans? Preferences? Which ones are you using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts