Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who wants a great coil setup for a great price?

I have been working behind the scenes a little bit with a newer suspension company. GECKO Racing.

Thus far, their coils have been well received and praised for their price-point, quality materials and adjustments.

I am going to be running an Intro Group Buy for 9 sets of these.We are taking the 10th set.

I am selling these under my cost after shipping and customs fees to get these out there to people to review (read: love and praise)

The regular price will be around 800-900$ shipped.

This one time only, Group Buy price will be 650$ shipped in the USA!! (for the street version)

There are two versions: Street and Racing.

Street is 24-way adjustable with a pillowball upper mount
Racing is 32-way adjustable with a camber upper adjustment mount

Racing is +100$

Here are some pictures and some descriptions about the system.

Spring rates are:

Front is 8k
Rear is 6k

10429450_783523991697644_524727327478442478_n.jpg
10411059_783523988364311_4491623345798602353_n.jpg
10589972_785353184848058_571722470_n.jpg
10617421_785353168181393_2032971171_n.jpg
10621039_785353164848060_846588258_n.jpg
10637571_785144048202305_228696963_n.jpg
10638076_785353161514727_1825295727_n.jpg

1. Nick L.

Payments can be made as usual to [email protected]

These coil-overs will offer the adjust-ability of the ksports and the like with a price-point a bit closer to the NGMs.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Those look awesome but I JUST bought springs and they haven't even arrived yet... Don't think the wife would appreciate me asking to spend more money replacing what I haven't even used yet :crazy:

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, don't we all have to do that :p What I do when I want an upgrade on the Jeep is offer to do an upgrade on the V of close value!! always works!

Reactions: TylerPeterson

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we got one paid :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I love the price on these, but not working with the rear torsion bar is a deal breaker.

Reactions: joebmoore4 and -X-

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
That and the color.
Duhhhh Swordy.. plasti dip mane! Bahahahah! I agree, no work with torsion bar is my ONLY complaint. The price is glorious though.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
To be honest guys, I have Ksport coilovers with the Pierce rear torsion bar and couldn't tell a difference in the rear. I went coilovers first and then rear torsion bar later for reference.

I already have the torsion bar so I am not going to waste it. I will buy coilovers that work with it instead.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Hmm I may look into this cause I'm debating this or meth kit.....

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4 already have sold, 5 left. They will be shipping to me the end of this week. Will be shipping out to customers in around 2 weeks!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Don't buy these yet....These are not being shipped with correct parts from the Manufacture. This is no-one's fault but GECKO I don't think anyone should buy these. They are crap. My client can't even install them turbosocks is having issues also. There poorly made and are exactly like NGM coilovers. They sent wrong top plates and argued with me till a video was pointed out showing how they screwed up. Save your money and have Turbosocks order you something better than the Gecko's.

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are fixing the top hats on the racing and the right bolts are coming with them.

They are much nicer than the ngms.

The boot holes not accepting stock bolts is identical to the Ksport issue.

Gecko is fixing it all before my batch even ships.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well that is good to know there fixing it for you...My customer is now pissed and screwed and says he can't have his car ready before the photo shoot he needs for Sema so I guess it is okay since your batch will be ready for those people that need them but it doesn't help customers that already purchased them. When you purchase something you shouldn't have to stop and modify it to get it to work imo....I will not be selling these and I don't agree with your assessment that these are better than NGM's imo there are almost identical and the bottom side mount ruins it for people wanting to use a torsion bar on the track especially if they buy the race version. Only reason to even offer these is because of the deal you get for first becoming a vendor but that is just my 2 cents. I have a customer now that is possibly going to lose his Sema opportunity due to a company that failed. Sorry I don't do business with companies that fail there customers and arguing with the fact that in the end we were right and they were wrong....

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, to be fair, the coils still will work without adjusting the camber. Also, they are sending the right tops.

They are new to the market and as with most products have little quirks here and there.

These will still be cheaper than ksports and alike while offering all the same goodies and miles ahead of ngm am in quality and adjustments.

Not much need for a rear bar with a good set of coils anyway.

If people want rear bar and coils then get a different coil.

The fact they have now acknowledged the issue and will fix it for them is great from some new company overseas.

For those concerned. With this group buy, all of any small issues will be remedied.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Any updates for the coilover??? I am itching to purchase a set of these but it looks like it is out of stock. :crying:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts