Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any time i get on the throttle and let the rpms build up (4000 and above) the car does not want to shift. The clutch is all the way in, but when i try to push it into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at high rpm, the car wont go into the gear. It locks me into neutral for a second or two before i can finally put it in the higher gear. If it manages to go into gear, I have to really force it which i know i shouldn't do, but it feels really bad and rough and has even grinded a few times. I recently changed the trans fluid to MT-85 and it seemed to help a little, but it still doesn't seem right. Is my transmission going out, or is there something else that could be causing this issue.

its a 2013 VT manual with 55000 miles

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Could be a number of things.

How long since you replaced the clutch fluid?

If you are the first or second owner, take it to the dealer. If you are the third (or greater) owner, take it to a transmission shop or a trusted independent mechanic.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You can try unplugging the upper clutch switch and see if that makes a difference. I know unplugging it reduces rev hang and made hard pulls from 1st to 2nd easier. Just look for the threads on the subject. This along with the clutch delay valve in the bell housing are designed to make the transmission easier for beginners but just end up pissing you off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts