Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Rally has been surging really badly in 2nd 3rd and 4th gears. The car has 6xth intake, catchcan and res delete, stock dp with a torq exhaust blast pipe. Easing into pulls seems to surge way less which makes me think it's a fuel line issue. The car boost spikes to like 21psi when this happens and AFR doesn't spike or anything tho so I'm kinda confused. Any ideas are welcome before it buy the fuel line upgrade trying to fix the issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Need more details if you want help to solve your problems.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Tuned? IAT? Boost and afr from a gauge or obd2? Fuel rail pressure? Video?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tuned? IAT? Boost and afr from a gauge or obd2? Fuel rail pressure? Video?
Not tuned, would have been included if I were, boost and AFR are over one from a scan 2, don't know pressure off the fuel rail and a video I can get today probably.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I ask about tuned as some buy the cars used and do not realize it plus 21 psi an oem car will not usually hit.

So can you datalog?

If you can see engine absolute load what is that? And the iats when you hit 21 psi with the max associated load?

Waiting on video.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ask about tuned as some buy the cars used and do not realize it plus 21 psi an oem car will not usually hit.

So can you datalog?

If you can see engine absolute load what is that? And the iats when you hit 21 psi with the max associated load?

Waiting on video.....
I get ya, I bought new and definitely know 21psi isn't where oem should be sitting. I can check load on my scanner, I'll check if there's a fuel rail pressure setting I can unlock for it too. Otherwise just trying to find time to get out when there's less traffic so I can video the issue.
Thanks for the reply man!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

So can you datalog?

Waiting on video.....

So the car decided no tot surge for a few days but it cam back, almost seems like its due to the higher heat, Living in Houston, but heres a link to a video ive got of the surging. Theres been incidents where the surging is much more, Violent almost too?

Thanks for your input man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts