Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a couple of concept VTs with the lower gray accents painted, but I was wondering if anyone around here has done it? I have a Vit C and and am looking at painting them dark blue.

·
Registered
170 Posts
yep
plasti dip black
looks great

·
Registered
980 Posts
I think ill be going darker with mine. I think some CF look Di noc or something like that would be cool. When i washed my car yesterday I noticed some chips on the lower lip so worst case maybe a clear bra of sort

·
Registered
267 Posts
I did black platidip on my emblems but it didn't "separate " well on the top side of the front emblem. Any tips? The back worked fine. It was just the top side of the front emblem that wanted to peel as I pulled off the over spray. So you can still see some chrome in a few places.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Depending how my color test goes with the Electrolyte Green, I may end up painting mine that color.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thats looks pretty cool cwee
thanks

I did black platidip on my emblems but it didn't "separate " well on the top side of the front emblem. Any tips? The back worked fine. It was just the top side of the front emblem that wanted to peel as I pulled off the over spray. So you can still see some chrome in a few places.
mine didnt seperate well either but then i tried again and it worked fine

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm digging that wrap on the wheels.

·
Registered
124 Posts
hey btjetman what brand paint did you use on the break calipers ? the blue looks so sick on them.

·
Registered
969 Posts
WOW! That blue really pops! Like the car dosen't already get enough looks. lol Matching calipers, nice touch.

I have the matte gray finish and I noticed the sideskirts and front spoiler always seem to be a slightly brighter color from the rest of the car. All those pieces have just the right angle to seperate from the rest of the car. I like the clear bra idea from GT800. I drive a lot of hwy.

Those wheel wraps look GREAT. That's my next project since the wheels are off the car and winter ones on. Were you tempted to change the center caps?

·
Registered
124 Posts
okay thanks for the info I'm definitely interested in painting he calipers when I get my VT

1 - 20 of 48 Posts