Veloster Turbo Forum banner

have you raced anything

4K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  Bobster 
#1 ·
I haven't gotten the chance to race anything yet :( i was wondering what other people have raced in there VT and what the result was?

#3 ·
I haven't really 'raced' anyone yet and probably wont. I have gotten people revving up next to me and stuff but nowhere near as bad as people were 5+ years ago.

I would like to see how the car compares on the highway with my friends modded up SRT-4 (280whp) just to see how the Vturbo does.

#10 ·
Some shitty civic ricers try to race me revving all hard and pulling up fast behind me , and i refuse to indulge a civic. Not that i am pompous or anything, just not gonna beat on my car to prove i can win a race.

#13 ·
No way you should had lost to a civic si coupe... you must have given him a head start. Also if you are a A/T please tell me you didn't start in sport mode and that you disengaged it so you could have full control. Also you may want to shift at 5-6K or close to redline too whether your manual or Shiftronic.

#18 ·
It makes a huge impact if your trying to get the most hp gains, you want the ability to shift when you want to. You can be in normal A/T mode and you can go WOT, the ECU will try to keep up and shift as quickly as possibly to get the best MPGs, it doesn't know you were WOT because you were trying to beat someone.

i thought SI was 201 HP and NA which should have the advantage?
VT
0-60 MPH 6.9 sec
QUARTER MILE 15.2 sec @ 93.4 mph

Civic SI latest model
0-60 MPH 6.5 sec
QUARTER MILE 15.0 sec @ 92.3 mph

Same reviewer, as you can see NA or Boosted with the same HP doesn't really matter. Numbers are close, I'm quite surprised to find a civic to be close to me but it is what it is and that's nothing SFR any vendor can't fix with a nice tune. Also I'm not exactly sure how they got their 0-60 or Quarter Mile numbers but if it was done outside a lot of factors could have went into play like the temperature, air, and anything else that could affect your vehicle from performing correctly.

#23 ·
Damn, that's a lot of miles. In 8 months my gen coupe only had 4K and I had a pretty good amount of thread left with occasional spirited driving. I wonder what these current tires will give me with my driving style. Current Hyundai VT owners and future owners, you have several options when it comes down to making HP. You'll even make more HP than a Civic would for a lot less since our car was designed to be a turbocharged. A civic can buy a 5K kit while we can just pay 3K and get the same 250-300whp (conservative tune of course, got to play nice). In all honesty, I believe our car is really the winner in every way, and there's a few small things that can be done to correct the fact we are dynoing 150hp (don't be surprised stock 10'-12' gencoupe are @186-198hp and the 13' gencoupe dynos at 242hp) but this can easily be created with a tune. Once corrected the 13' gencoupe hit 301whp with the stock turbo. I can imagine that with having this corrected on our VT we should be atleast at 210-220whp.

#29 ·
I didn't get my Turbo with ANY intention to race at all...I got it to make commuting fun, to make passing easy and for all the great features. OK, and to look way cool just cruising around -and hotdam do I look cool. That is all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.