Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a little research and found this converter. The reason I wanted it was so I can hook my phone up to the screen and watch Netflix or anything else that may be on my phone. I ordered one and will let you know how it works when I get it.

Amazon

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
A little pricey but it would be nice to bring up a Youtube video on my Galazy SII and see the video as well as listen to the audio.

Can you watch video will the VT is rolling?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can if you download the software. There is a thread on here somewhere that talks about disabling it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I tried buying one on amazon, but it didnt work , let me know how yours turns out and please post a link of the product

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried it out and it works. The picture isn't the greatest but I can see everything that is displayed on my phone. Whether that is netflix or a phone call. Or even my navigation. The navigation on my phone is so much easier to use than the one in the veloster. Which brings me to another thing. I know google maps has an option to send a map to your car. But I don't know what it wants as far as password. Has anyone else out there figured that one out.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Can you shoot some video or take some pictures? Are you basically using the HDMI/RCA cables to replace the stock interface w/the phone interface?

I tried it out and it works. The picture isn't the greatest but I can see everything that is displayed on my phone. Whether that is netflix or a phone call. Or even my navigation. The navigation on my phone is so much easier to use than the one in the veloster. Which brings me to another thing. I know google maps has an option to send a map to your car. But I don't know what it wants as far as password. Has anyone else out there figured that one out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am using the AUX input jack and cord that came with the car. I connect those RCA cords to the module I bought. I then hook my phone using the hdmi cable it came with the the module. I select Media and then AUX and the screen now displays everything my phone displays. It is exactly the same as if you wanted to hook up a DVD player. It displays what the dvd player puts out. Except the module that changes hdmi into rca.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think so if you want to watch things off of phone. I used it last night on the way home. Worked great. It had great sound. The screen was good. The blacks didn't seem to black. That would be my only complaint

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was anyone else purchased one of these or something similar? I went on a long road trip last weekend and my passenger watched a couple movies. It was great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I can't even get my Ipod Classic to display video in the driveway. The RCA cables I used in my Chrysler don't seem to work with the RCA aux cable that came with the car. I have sound, but no video at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why not try the aux cable that came with the car? Why are you using one from a Chrysler? Or am I miss reading it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Clarification,
I used the Apple RCA cable on my I-pod classic that worked in my Chrysler, but when I connect the Hyundai supplied AV cable with the apple output cable from my I-pod all I get is sound, no video.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK. I don't know why that doesn't work for you. I don't own anything apple. Can you hook it up to the USB port? Labeled iPod.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts