Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the passenger side window is opened on the hi way I get extreme vibration and ripple on the headliner below the sun roof as well as an extreme " thumping" of the air in the cabin. Anyone else notice this?.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes, everyone that does what you are doing has experienced this, including myself. You don't even need to be driving; just have a windy day, and open the windows, the liner would flap a bit. I retract it when it becomes to annoying. The "thumping" I assume you are referring to the buffeting sound you get when only one window is open. This was a huge problem on my Z28 with the T-Tops off and the windows raised. Also happened a bit on my X3 and 328I. Just lower the rear window a bit or tilt the sunroof to ease it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Try opening the back window a crack. I did this with my old 4 door car when on the highway. The reason is that the air coming in fast has an escape route out the back window and makes the interior wind less violent. It might get you slightly better gas milage too because there is less resistance.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The VT thumps less than my last car and normally you have to experiment with cracking other windows to eliminate it. You can also try putting the HVAC on fresh air to help keep the pressure from building up.

In general the VT's moonroof is quite noisy at highway speeds whether it is open or popped up in vent mode. The little fabric deflector doesn't seem to do a great job. Normally I would put one of those plexi-glass covers on the front of the moonroof but the VT is so small I don't think one will fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.