Veloster Turbo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
You have a different model of head unit. LAC1430EWFS vs LAC1730ENFS I think. It's possible that they just change the model number to coincide with the factory installed OS, but it also may indicate a small difference in physical hardware.

Have you tried contacting a dealer local to you to see if there's an update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
You have a different model of head unit. LAC1430EWFS vs LAC1730ENFS I think. It's possible that they just change the model number to coincide with the factory installed OS, but it also may indicate a small difference in physical hardware.

Have you tried contacting a dealer local to you to see if there's an update?

Hadn't noticed I had a different H/U model.

I've tried with my local dealer, but they say there isn't any update. However, I've seen this is the case for several people, who later on find out their updates and do it themselves. Most local dealers just don't know abour H/U updates.

I'm gonna search and try to find an update exactly for my H/U model.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have what may sound like a stupid question, but I may be experimenting with the update tonight, and want to see what I can find out before then.

What happens if you successfully update it and put the USB drive back in? Will it go through with the "update" process again, or will it fail? I'm sure nobody's tried, because I'm sure nobody wants to go through the 30-40 minute process a second time. But if anyone is willing to give it a shot and see what happens, I'd appreciate it. It could pay off if what I want to do works.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have what may sound like a stupid question, but I may be experimenting with the update tonight, and want to see what I can find out before then.

What happens if you successfully update it and put the USB drive back in? Will it go through with the "update" process again, or will it fail? I'm sure nobody's tried, because I'm sure nobody wants to go through the 30-40 minute process a second time. But if anyone is willing to give it a shot and see what happens, I'd appreciate it. It could pay off if what I want to do works.

Thanks in advance.
When you put the USB drive in, it will prompt you to update, but it will not start updating automatically again.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
You can force it to re-install the update to essentially reset the head unit. Plug the USB in and hit the option to "accept anyway" or something to that extent. It won't harm anything.

Reactions: Ritz

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awesome. Hopefully I have some fun results tonight. Just wanted to make sure I could try things over and over.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Haven't had a chance to really try and mess around with it yet, but I did the update and it worked fine. Took almost 40 minutes. I used a SanDisk 2gb Cruzer. The hidden folders in the iso aren't needed. I'm assuming that's what it creates on the drive while it's working. You just need the 3 files in the H folder. Also, I had to start the car and then put the drive in. It didn't do anything when I started it with the drive in already.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much for starting this forum. Just bought a 2013 VT and updated the HU. Sounds amazing now. If not for you bringing this up I would have been very sad. Fixed the only issue I had with this car!

Love it!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am having problems extracting the Iso files for the only computer I currently own is a CHROMEBOOK. Does anyone know how to work this poor excuse of a laptop.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quick and easy!

I may be a little late to the party, but i just bought my '13 Veloster Turbo Tech Package a couple weeks ago... This update went flawlessly - and at only 23 minutes from the time I inserted the USB drive until it finished, it went much quicker than I was expecting! Thanks a ton, guys!

update.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I registered on this forum just to say THANKS!
I have a Canadian 2012 Hyundai N/A Veloster (first gen) with the following specs:

Model: LAC1140INFS
SW Ver: 5.1.12
MICOM Ver: 5.3.35 (FS-CAN222)

After the update:

SW Ver: 5.1.68(NA)
MICOM Ver: 5.3.63 (FS-CAN22)
BT Ver: 544619

Just a tip for everyone else: I had to open the .iso with 7zip, navigate inside of the "H" folder and extract all of the files to the root of a FAT32 USB drive (Sandisk Cruzer 8GB). I've tried PassMark imageUSB to image the .iso to the usb but that did not work. The entire update process took around 35 mins with my car on the "ON" mode as instructed in the .pdf.

Results: My bluetooth streaming is finally working as expected, Spotify song name and artist appears on screen, and updates as the song changes!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hola

hola tengo un veloster turbo 2013, quisera actualizar mi radio a uno que tenga camara de reversa osea el software si alguien sabe porfavor ayuda

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Just wanted to say I just updated my 2012 non nav, non turbo with HU LAC1720INFS to this version without any problems. Thank you.
non nav, non turbo? are you sure it's a Veloster?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Why the dismissal? Seems like a simple cross-up on the terminology (Non-Turbo, NAV Veloster) -- the HU number is for a base-model NAV Veloster. Seems plausible to me.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts